Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Bugs V4 x64

The orange response 'Traffic not in sight, <callsign>' is actually entered in the program as 'Ttraffic  not in sight, <callsign>', so it does not work.  (double tt)

Clicked "Info" on airfield WPEC. System froze (circling cursor). Had to kill process after 10-15 minutes. This is the Info button on the map screen, not the Flight plan screen. That seems to load ok.

Entered new flight plan - first airport WATC. No problems. Then entered WPEC. Took 2.5 minutes to return - almost gave up and killed process again. But it finally came back ok.

Pressed "Autoplan" (IFR mode). No problems.

Pressed "File" - it wiped the plan, leaving only WATC.

Went through the whole thing again - this time the plan filed ok. Also WPEC loaded instantly this time.

The Sayit screens do not seem to remember their location. I have to readjust them every time I load the program. They are basically way off to the right of the form and unusable. Also, the main form does not remember which monitor it is on, nor the size of the window.

I am not sure what to do when P2A crashes and is then restarted once you are in flight. Do I have to "File" the flight plan again?

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Thanks for the bug report.  I'll look into them.

If you need to start P2A mid-flight, follow these steps:

1. Load and File the flight plan the aircraft is currently flying
  2. Make the initial call to the appropriate controller like "<CallSign> at FL 320".  This is normally a Center controller.
  3. Controller should give you a new squawk code.  Enter the new squawk code and set transponder to Active
  4. Controller should say Radar Contact.  You should then be good to go.

If you are in the approach phase of the flight, then this will likely not work.  In that case, you can make an initial call to Approach Control and request an approach to your destination airport.  Something like, "Approach, <CallSign> request radar vectors for the ILS to Runway 35 at Kilo Delta Foxtrot Whiskey". 

Dave

Just discovered that you generate logs. Will include mine from last night's session. mmm...cannot see how to do that. Will put in segemts here, if that is ok.

Main form openned: Pilot2ATC 2018 v. 2.4.0.0_x64      AIRAC cycle: 1712   -> only one n in 'openned'??

Setting Map Mode
Error in frmP2AMain LoadMapControl
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   at P2A_2018.ucMap.ad(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.c(Int32 A_0)
Done Loading Map Control

another log file

Error in frmP2AMain Load
System.InvalidOperationException: SplitterDistance must be between Panel1MinSize and Width - Panel2MinSize.
   at System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer.set_SplitterDistance(Int32 value)
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.s()
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.q()
   at P2A_2018.frmP2AMain.az(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
Application frmP2AMain ended normally 12/13/2017 17:49:40

another log file

Error in XPWeather getGlobalWeatherXMLNodes.  Will try again.
System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: METAR, data, response. Line 43147, position 4.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at P2A_2018.XPWeather.GetXMLDocFromUrl(String url, Int32 timeout)
   at P2A_2018.XPWeather.getGlobalWeatherXMLNodes()

another log file

AssignedRunway: RW23 -
Error in BuildFPRoute
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at P2A_2018.FltPlan.CalcAPPRSpeedsAndAltitudes()
   at P2A_2018.FltPlan.BuildFPRoute(Boolean CalcTOD)
FltPlan ActiveAPPR: VisualStraightIn -  -  Straight In RW32 -
Error in BuildFPRoute
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
FP.FileFLtPlan executed.
ATCFltPlan set to Filed FPL

Error in BuildFPRoute
 GPS FlightPlan Changed

Error in XPWeather getGlobalWeatherXMLNodes.  Will try again.
System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file while parsing Name has occurred. Line 50285, position 60.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32& colonPos)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at P2A_2018.XPWeather.GetXMLDocFromUrl(String url, Int32 timeout)
   at P2A_2018.XPWeather.getGlobalWeatherXMLNodes()
NewAlert: Unknown target 18:31:10

Recognized Speech: Bold Seven Seven Request Taxi to General Aviation Ramp 21:52:04
modGlobalSpeech PlaySystemSound Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Can't re-initialize during playback
   at NAudio.Wave.WaveOutEvent.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider)
   at P2A_2018.modGlobalSpeech.PlaySystemSound(String wav)
HandleTaxiRequest 21:52:04
Error in OnSpeechRecognized 21:52:08 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at P2A_2018.Controller.w(String& A_0, SpeechInteraction A_1, String& A_2)
   at P2A_2018.Controller.ay(String& A_0, SpeechInteraction A_1, String& A_2)
   at P2A_2018.Controller.RespondToPilot(SpeechInteraction SI)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.HandleRecognizedSpeech(Boolean SpeechEmulated)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.a(RecognitionResult A_0)
   at P2A_2018.ATCListener.a(Object A_0, SpeechRecognizedEventArgs A_1)
UnInterruptAudio in OnSayItSpeakCompleted 12/13/2017 21:52:08

modGlobalSpeech PlaySystemSound Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Can't re-initialize during playback
   at NAudio.Wave.WaveOutEvent.Init(IWaveProvider waveProvider)
   at P2A_2018.modGlobalSpeech.PlaySystemSound(String wav)
HandleTaxiRequest 21:51:49

AudioInterrupts: 0 WaveOutPlayer Playing: 19:56:54

Error in ATCFlt.OnSecondTimerFired: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
   at P2A_2018.Controller.HandleTCASAlerts()
   at P2A_2018.ATCFlt.onSecondTimerFired() : 12/13/2017 19:59:55

There are a lot of errors. Probably not much use unless I can get the full log files to you showing context. VisualBasic! I feel sorry for you if you are using that - I did a few years in VB way back in 1995 or so. No control over anything, so had to give it up. Anyway, hope that the error messages might be of some small help.

I have a decent system - I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane 11.1+. I am a computer programmer myself, and have a fast cable internet connection. My downloads run at 4MB/s. So should not be an issue connecting to the internet. Don't take this the wrong way - but I am bemused when you say something takes 40 seconds or so. I am spending a lot of time at the moment trying to read in 2 million records in Firebird - and it is taking way too long at 55 seconds. Anyway, I know that does not cheer you up - all the best fixing these problems!

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+