Sign in to follow this  
Tesch Macher

"expedite to FL[xx]" crz altitude hammering

hi

is there a way to attenuate the way how the ATC is handling the climbing to final CRZ altitude ?

in certain situations, the TOGW & GW of the aircraft does not allow it to sky rocket fast enough in order to reach the final cruise altitude as it was planned after validating & filing the flight plan in P2ATC. 

in my case , i was flying CYYT/KEWR with an A320, the aircraft was heavily loaded to near limits of its TOGW and i have let it climb to the planned cruise altitude of FL340 in "managed mode" .

it took about 50 minutes for the aircraft to climb and reach the crz altitude of FL340,   in the mean time i have experienced constant ATC hammering "maintain & expedite to FL340" for several dozens of times, switching from one 'atc center' to another.. -at some point, it became even annoying

doesn't that 'atc people' understand that in such situation the aircraft just can't climb fast enough because physical laws are not allowing it to do so?

while issuing ATC guidance, vectors and instructions, can P2ATC take in count and make difference from GA, fighterjet and a heavyloaded jumbojet and issue appropriate ATC instructions accordingly to the aircraft type and its flight performance constraints? 

--

(have been experiencing this before v2.4.0.0)

I don't think P2A knows anything about the aircraft that you are flying. This has been a problem for me in the flight planning stage as I fly a non pressurized plane, and I am often routed to FL140, etc. Sometimes I can override this, but sometimes not - because of limits in procedures, etc.

I too have had the expedite climb message, but not as bad as in your case. I just ignore it. I think you can change the warning parameters in the Config screen. I had to do that for lateral deviation as I fly using a GTN-750 and the flight planner in that is often at odds with the one in P2A.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

11 hours ago, Tesch Macher said:

hi

is there a way to attenuate the way how the ATC is handling the climbing to final CRZ altitude ?

in certain situations, the TOGW & GW of the aircraft does not allow it to sky rocket fast enough in order to reach the final cruise altitude as it was planned after validating & filing the flight plan in P2ATC. 

in my case , i was flying CYYT/KEWR with an A320, the aircraft was heavily loaded to near limits of its TOGW and i have let it climb to the planned cruise altitude of FL340 in "managed mode" .

it took about 50 minutes for the aircraft to climb and reach the crz altitude of FL340,   in the mean time i have experienced constant ATC hammering "maintain & expedite to FL340" for several dozens of times, switching from one 'atc center' to another.. -at some point, it became even annoying

doesn't that 'atc people' understand that in such situation the aircraft just can't climb fast enough because physical laws are not allowing it to do so?

while issuing ATC guidance, vectors and instructions, can P2ATC take in count and make difference from GA, fighterjet and a heavyloaded jumbojet and issue appropriate ATC instructions accordingly to the aircraft type and its flight performance constraints? 

--

(have been experiencing this before v2.4.0.0)

You can adjust the Minimum Vertical Speed in Config->ATC Settings.

You can also put an initial cruise altitude in as the Cruise Altitude.  Then , after using some fuel, request a higher altitude from ATC.  If you do this, you can change the Cruise Alt in the flight plan and press Validate so the P2A Flt Plan will reflect the new cruise altitude...although this is not necessary for ATC to adjust the TOD etc.  HOWEVER, DO NOT Press the File button again.  That likely will mess things up.

Dave

7 hours ago, kneighbour said:

I don't think P2A knows anything about the aircraft that you are flying. This has been a problem for me in the flight planning stage as I fly a non pressurized plane, and I am often routed to FL140, etc. Sometimes I can override this, but sometimes not - because of limits in procedures, etc.

I too have had the expedite climb message, but not as bad as in your case. I just ignore it. I think you can change the warning parameters in the Config screen. I had to do that for lateral deviation as I fly using a GTN-750 and the flight planner in that is often at odds with the one in P2A.

If your aircraft cannot follow a SID, for example, then you should not be flying the SID.  Most non-turbine GA aircraft do not use SIDs or STARs in most situations.  Many procedures specify for Jet only, for example.

Dave

19 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If your aircraft cannot follow a SID, for example, then you should not be flying the SID.  Most non-turbine GA aircraft do not use SIDs or

Yep - I agree with this. My comments were not a criticism of P2A. It would be nice if P2A knew about your aircraft, but for the time being it is doing a fine job. 

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+