I'm considering upgrading my video card to the 1080ti.  My specs are below.  In my initial search, I noticed there are a bunch of different mfg's.  Would you say one is better than the other or are they all pretty much the same?  I'm fairly new to this so I was curious what the experts here think.  Also, as a novice, would this be difficult to install?

Win10, Gigabyte Aorus Z270x Gaming 5, LGA 1151, Intel 7th Gen Core i7 7700K (4.7GHz Overclock) Quad Core, Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid Cooling, 16GB G.Skill DDR4 SDRAM 2400MHz, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, PCI Express 3.0, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 500GB Samsung EVO 850 Solid State Drive (SSD)

Dell 34" Curved monitor U3415W (specs below).  What HZ should I be running for best performance? It has 60hz Vsync rate at max performance. 

LED monitor

curved

34.08" (34.08" viewable)

3440 x 1440 QHD

IPS

300 cd/m²

1000:1

5 ms

2xHDMI

DisplayPort

Mini DisplayPort

MHL

speakers

black

for Latitude 13 7350

7370; OptiPlex 7040

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

My thoughts: They're not all the same. Each manufacturer usually has several offerings with various features such as factory overclock, memory and fan configurations, backplate, lights etc. hitting slightly different price points. My advice is read user reviews looking to avoid problems with a specific model such as running hot, fan noise, coil hum, physical size issues, customer support.

These are generally easy to install provided you have the right power connectors available (pretty standard these days but makes sure that box is checked). Download the driver installer and have it handy on your desktop before you start. Watch a couple of YouTube vids to get comfortable.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Also, as a novice, would this be difficult to install?

Also, to ensure things go smoothly, make sure that you uninstall your existing graphics driver and reboot before installing the new card. Once the new card is in place and connected up to your power supply, restart your system. With Windows up and running (with the default Windows graphics driver), install the NVIDIA driver - get the latest version from the GeForce site.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit