Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

MSSTDFMT.DLL

Returning to RC4 after some time away. Excellent support to get me going again- thanks all.

P3Dv4.1 running on Win 10 64 bit

Hopefully, although I was installing into P3DV4.1 all went well - I had to ignore requests to point to FSX location because it no longer is on my system--( Win10) and the install seems to have completed.

When I run as admin and then enter the required details --ID and Key code-- RC4 start up screen opens up and I can set the various voices etc.

But when I try to load a previously saved flight I get this file missing error MSSTDFMT.DLL

Now I have read the other posts re this but am getting confused . Can someone spell out to me in simple steps (like where to safely find this file) how to fix this problem.

Very grateful for any help/guidance.

William

William,

It’s part of the Visual Basic set of files. I found this link which appears to solve the problem and points to a trusted Microsoft site.

https://superuser.com/questions/519841/getting-msstdfmt-dll-missing-when-starting-visual-basic-6-application

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That didn't complete because some of the files are no longer available.

Now I need this msstdfmt.dll file. Following Ronzie's link I can see 5 versions of this file but all are 32bit- which one should I choose?. Being on a  win10 64bit system do I need a 64bit version of that file??? Is there such a thing?

Edited by Holclo
Extra detail

As RC4 is a 32-bit app that is the version you need. As to which of the 5 it's hard to say. Probably a bit of trial and error.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Now have RC4 running. The DLL that I copied was taken from Ronzie's link - I chose the top one. Then I used Derianc's guide to installing it. Here it is:-

What you wanna do is: Before anything, go to the site that ronzie posted and download the .dll and place it in your sys32 and syswow64 folders. 1. Press Start on the bottom left of your screen2. Type in cmd in the search bar, wait for it to pop up, right click it, and select run as admin.3. Now, type Cd \windows\syswow64 and press the enter key on your keyboard.4. Now, the prompt will change to C:\WINDOWS/syswow64>5. Now, RIGHT after the > with no spaces, type regsvr32 /u msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).6. Now, after you've pressed enter, you'll get a little pop-up in a blue box saying that unregister was successful. Now you want to register it so you type regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll and press the enter key on your keyboard. (IGNORE WHAT IT SAYS ABOUT ENTER MISSING NAME HERE).7. Now, you should get a pop-up in a blue box saying that the register was successful. Enjoy!

Many thanks to Ray, Ronzie and Derianc