Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Nav Data Out of Date

Just transferred to Win 10 and P3dv4.  A handful for me with Win 10 for the first time.  The Apps are driving me crazy.  I installed the NGX for my first aircraft.  Everything went fine and the graphics are great. Only one problem with the NGX, and its more of an irritant than anything else.  I installed the latest Navigraph FMS download and the correct dates are reflected on the CPU ident page, but I keep getting the Nav Data Out of Date message.  I have re-downloaded Navigraph; with no change.  Seems like I had this problem years ago, but can't remember how to correct it.  Any advise?

Mike Nicholson 

The default install location the FMS Data Manager uses is incorrect. Redirect the install to <Your Install drive>:PREPAR3D\PMDG. This should correct the problem. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

18 hours ago, Thunderbolt44 said:

I installed the latest Navigraph FMS download and the correct dates are reflected on the CPU ident page, but I keep getting the Nav Data Out of Date message. 

Be sure your simulator date is within the dates for the navdata cycle.

18 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

The default install location the FMS Data Manager uses is incorrect. Redirect the install to <Your Install drive>:PREPAR3D\PMDG. This should correct the problem. 

Not quite right Jose.  If the data were installed to the incorrect location then the CDU would not reflect the correct date.  Also, you provided the incorrect path which should simply be the P3D root folder.  The FMS Data Manager knows which subfolders to use.

Dan Downs KCRP

24 minutes ago, downscc said:

Be sure your simulator date is within the dates for the navdata cycle.

Not quite right Jose.  If the data were installed to the incorrect location then the CDU would not reflect the correct date.  Also, you provided the incorrect path which should simply be the P3D root folder.  The FMS Data Manager knows which subfolders to use.

Sorry, did not intend to mislead anyone on this forum Dan is correct, the folder for the airac updates for PMDG products is the root p3d folder. In my case though, the data manager did not find this automatically. Again I apologize for the mis-information.  

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

4 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

In my case though, the data manager did not find this automatically.

Me too, although the automatic selection looked correct I had to manually set it to get it to work too. Cheers.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, as soon as I read the suggestion to make sure the simulator date was within the dates for the Navdata cycle, I remembered how I fixed the problem years ago.  Normally, I always reset the time to the sim time upon setting up the flight; however,  I just wanted to see what the P3D summer looked like and hit Summer.  This set it out of the Navadata cycle and hence the problem. So, problem resolved.  Thanks, Mike Nicholson