Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Help - Speedtrees disappeared

Hello!

I cannot see any speedtrees no more. In the default flight, near Eglin, there must be some speedtrees, but i don't see them no more.

I have "Enable dynamic autogen vegetation" checked.

I have ORBX HD trees installed, but standing from their word: "FTX Global Trees HD does not alter SpeedTree models or textures. However, it is possible to have FTX Global Trees HD installed and then use the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" checkbox in the P3D control menu to switch between the two autogen tree systems as desired." 

I should still be able to see them, where scenery got them.

What is wrong? Maybe @Rob Ainscough could help me.

Thanks!

When you change from 3D to regular trees  (or the reverse) you need to quit and restart P3d.

I think there must be something wrong with my P3D folder > autogen > default.xml file. It is 22,8 MB (22.847 Kb), I think it's too much. Something must have messed it.

What about yours?

I also disabled every addon scenery in the library (ORBX an other stuff), no luck.

EDIT1: @ my office pc, fresh p3d 4 install, i can see them :(
EDIT2: at least in SimDirector i can add them, and i can see them.

EDIT3: It is not about default.xml file in Autogen folder. It is exactly the identical file that is in my backupped vanilla files

Is is not about terrain.cfg. Identical to the original one.

Now i will try with the Scenery>Global>scenery BGL backupped file.

Just now, Alberto Zanot said:

It is not about the Global>scenery BGLs neither :bengong:

im running out of ideas

One thing that you can try is running just the P3d scenery installer. If it asks you, select repair.

yes, that will be my last resort, couse i think i will to install again all the addons (now disabled temporarly)

Ok a complete reinstall worked. At least there is some logic.

Now, for logic's sake, i will try to find out what causes this mess.

It will be a 3rd party add-on that modified AutogenDescriptions.spb ... there should be an AutogenDescriptions_Legacy_Mid.spb and AutogenDescriptions_Legacy_Min.spb  and AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb  (the files with "Legacy" in are the old style trees - not speedtrees).  Suggest you backup these 4 files prior to installing any add-on that could impact "Trees".  Folder is ..\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Autogen

If you were installing non-P3D V4 products then they may not be aware of these changes and possibly wiped out your AutogenDescriptions.spb ... I believe these are part on the Content installer so you could have just run the Content installer rather than re-install all.

Cheers, Rob. 

Rob, genius, you are correct. :)

The vanilla AutogenDescriptions.spb and AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb are 344Kb

The ones i had were 1305Kb

I tried to put them back the bigger, and no speedtrees. I put back the vanilla 344Kb, speedtrees ok.

Now my only concern is to understand which addon modifies those... Just to go to their forums and spit some insults.

Have a great evening