Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is related to my last post. Is this a suitable build to run FSX smoothly? I used the Custom PC Builder site to construct this list.

CPU: Intel I7 8700K

Motherboard: Asus Z370 ROG Maximum X Hero ATX Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000MHZ CL15 Black - Red LED

Storage Device: Samsung EVO 850 2TB 2.5” Solid State Drive, 5 Year Warranty -MZ-75E2T0BW

External Storage: 500GB Samsung T3 Portable SSD USB 3.1 Type-C 450Mb/S

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D High-Airflow Edition - Windowed Full Tower Case

Case Accessories: 

•NZXT Hue+ RGB LED Case Lighting Kit - AC-HUEPS-M1

•NZXT Hue+ Extension Kit

•Thermaltake RiiNG Plus 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition (3 Fan Pack + Controller)

Power Supply: Corsair HX-1000i 80+ Platinum Certified Power Supply, Fully Modular, 7 Year Warranty

Optical Drive: LG Super Multi Portable 8x External USB 2.0 DVD Re-Writer - GP60NB50

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Multi Socket PWM High Performance CPU Cooler

Monitor: LG 27'' 4K UHD FreeSync IPS LED LCD Gaming Monitor

Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless PCIe Adapter

Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X TRIO Graphics Card

Keyboard: Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Speaker: Creative Sound BlasterX Katana 2.1 Speaker RGB Soundbar System

Mouse: Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse

Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy RX PCI Express Sound Card

I can buy the parts of other sites and stuff, but the site I am using says its currently costing $6987.

KT1578,

You are proposing to buy a system that I can only dribble over. I envy you incredibly. In fact the green is dribbling off me into the keyboard LOL.

My next question is what the hell are you doing with FSX?  P3Dv4 is vastly superior and you would get a lot more for your money if you went with that OR XPlane11 and you would also be future proofing as well.  That is MY opinion only. I am not, repeat, not critising you or your decision. I just feel that with that system you would enjoy simming much more and be less hassle free.

Your system though, I would think is brilliant but I cannot comment on the cost. I would imagine that at that price, you are going with a dealer, and if so, I would suggest purchasing the parts seperately and building it yourself. It can be cheaper, fun, and it is not terribly hard to do with ample advice available here if you run into problems.

Good luck to you SIR,

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 27/12/2017 at 6:43 PM, himmelhorse said:

KT1578,

You are proposing to buy a system that I can only dribble over. I envy you incredibly. In fact the green is dribbling off me into the keyboard LOL.

My next question is what the hell are you doing with FSX?  P3Dv4 is vastly superior and you would get a lot more for your money if you went with that OR XPlane11 and you would also be future proofing as well.  That is MY opinion only. I am not, repeat, not critising you or your decision. I just feel that with that system you would enjoy simming much more and be less hassle free.

Your system though, I would think is brilliant but I cannot comment on the cost. I would imagine that at that price, you are going with a dealer, and if so, I would suggest purchasing the parts seperately and building it yourself. It can be cheaper, fun, and it is not terribly hard to do with ample advice available here if you run into problems.

Good luck to you SIR,

Regards

Tony

I probably will get P3D, the only thing is that with all the addons I have right now(thousands) I would never be able to get some of them back. But if I stick with FSX, I can just drag the folders over to a USB and stick them on my new computer. Thats why I would prefer FSX. I am still debating though about what to use, but P3D does look absolutely amazing.

1 minute ago, kt1578 said:

I probably will get P3D, the only thing is that with all the addons I have right now(thousands) I would never be able to get some of them back. But if I stick with FSX, I can just drag the folders over to a USB and stick them on my new computer. Thats why I would prefer FSX. I am still debating though about what to use, but P3D does look absolutely amazing.

mmmm  thousands  of  addons  no wonder  your  fsx  is  running  slow:dry:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.