Sign in to follow this  
Funky

Fltplan go doesnt connect to P3D

sorry for resurrecting this issue but I have it nearly figured out. I'm trying to run this on the PC and everything works as expected except.... for some reason FltPlan Go GPS INSISTS on running this on //localhost:15000/ but there's the problem. When I boot my PC if I load FltPlanGo and GPS admin I can connect but sometimes when I boot, windows loads a system process ID4 on port:15000 and if that happens and if you try to connect Go GPS I get the error "failed to connect to FSX: Failed to listen on prefix //loacalhost:15000/ because it conflicts with an existing registration on the machine.

Does anyone know how to force GPS Go (Admin mode) to start on another port ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

On 1/17/2019 at 2:48 PM, FPStewy said:

sorry for resurrecting this issue but I have it nearly figured out. I'm trying to run this on the PC and everything works as expected except.... for some reason FltPlan Go GPS INSISTS on running this on //localhost:15000/ but there's the problem. When I boot my PC if I load FltPlanGo and GPS admin I can connect but sometimes when I boot, windows loads a system process ID4 on port:15000 and if that happens and if you try to connect Go GPS I get the error "failed to connect to FSX: Failed to listen on prefix //loacalhost:15000/ because it conflicts with an existing registration on the machine.

Does anyone know how to force GPS Go (Admin mode) to start on another port ?

Did you by chance figure out the problem or have a solution. I am having the same problem.

18 hours ago, treygeboy said:

Did you by chance figure out the problem or have a solution. I am having the same problem.

They refuse to fix it, it's hardcoded into the app, it's fine for tablets but a problem on PC. It's just a luck of the draw and a PITA for it to work on PC. What I would recommend it when you reboot the PC the first thing you do is run the FltPlanGo GPS in Admin mode before anything else on your PC grabs that port, then load the Sim then the App, even then it's hit and miss.

My opinion is that even though it's a really great app for FSX or P3D and even if by chance you do get it going, I don't recommend it on the PC because it's a hog by emulation and takes about 25% cpu which is terrible. I would recommend getting either a android compatible chromebook or 10 inch tablet with very little draw on your sim computer.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD