Sign in to follow this  
joaoluis

DX10 Problem

When I try to install the DX10 I will see the two attached messages

First : You do not have an fx_2.bmp in your FSX Dir/effects/texture directory  :bengong:

The error is that you do not have an fx_2.bmp in the texture directory for effects.  This means that most lights will not work in fsx.  This is a standard part of fsx that you are missing.

if you have access to another fsx system then copy it from the other system. Otherwise I suggest that you try downloading mike swannicks lights package from the avsim  library which will provide you with one.

iyou didn’t say what your other error was.  Please could you also provide your full name so I can find your order details.

Thanks for the help to the first part.   My Name : João Luís Lemos Peralta

Let's go to the second when (I already installed)

Diagnostics this window appears :  DX10%201_zpsrfs6li4n.jpg

There is nothing much to worry about there.

1) you have ticked ground shadows in the fsx settings..  that’s ok I but you should be aware that it can cause certain addon airports that use certain coding techniques ( fs dream team is an example) to show invisible AI aircraft.  That has nothing to do with the fixer or dx10 and occurs in dx9 too.  It is in diagnostics because people sometimes install the fixer , notice it for the first time and report it as a fixer issue, or install the fixer buy such an airport and assume it has something to do with the fixer.

The next two are fairly self explanatory.

If you want all aircraft to show vc shadows then as the manual suggests you should add a line to your fsx.cfg which does this.  From the top menu  of the controller there is a fsx cfg editor which lets you do this by ticking a box.

If you have any complex addon aircraft you should set TEXTURE MAX LOAD in fsx.cfg as they advise typically 2048.  Again you can do this from the fsx cfg editor in the controller.

the final point is to stress to anyone who hasn’t read the manual that although hd shadows are great they cause issues with wing and undercarriage cameras with odd shadowing

Thank you very much for your help and I'm sorry for my English.
I use 737/777 Pmdg and Airbus Aerosoft, I have already done an LPPT-LEBL flight and everything is ok.
Thank you so much