Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vicsim

FSX:SE and Aerosoft A320/321 pack.

I few weeks ago I went on the Steam store and very excitedly, I purchased the FSX:SE Aerosoft A320/321 DLC.  It said in at the end of the long narrative that the RAAS professional DLC is not available with this pack.  I thought....oh well big deal.  Recently I have visited the Aerosoft site to check on their products and I find that the same exact pack WITH RAAS is avaialble for sale at the SAME PRICE!!  Steam is selling the add on pack with the A318/319 with RAAS for the same price as the other pack on Aeroosoft's site.   What gives?!  I feel like I have been duped!!   i could've gotten the same product with RAAS for the same price!!  Am I missing something here or do you guys agree with this situation?

I do not care too much for RAAS, if I can be honest its a bit annoying to keep hearing the voice if someone telling me what I already know but as far as principle and purpose of financial efficiency this ticked me off!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356960/FSX_Steam_Edition__RAAS_Professional_AddOn/

https://www.aerosoft.com/us/fsxp3d/flight-simulator-x-steam/aircraft/1792/airbus-a320/a321

There are other things the Aerosoft version has that the Steam version lacks, including Connected Flight Deck.  You can always request a refund from Steam, and purchase the version directly from Aerosoft.

Now, the best advice I can give you is when possible, always purchase a product directly from te developer. As far as I'm concerned, it's always the best way to go as far as the product is concerned.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There are other things the Aerosoft version has that the Steam version lacks, including Connected Flight Deck.  You can always request a refund from Steam, and purchase the version directly from Aerosoft.

Now, the best advice I can give you is when possible, always purchase a product directly from te developer. As far as I'm concerned, it's always the best way to go as far as the product is concerned.

Best wishes.

I will do just that next time.  I am done with Steam and buying DLCs from them.  I contacted them for a refund but it has been a couple of weeks since my purchase, not sure if they will agree on the refund.   Thanks for your reply Dave.

You are most welcome my friend.  Reach out to Steam again on that refund, especially if you requested it over the holidays. Given that the software doesn't list that certain features aren't available, they should not question your qualifying for a refund on that basis regardless of how long you've had the software.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I stopped buying steam when I found that most of the liveries are not included with their products....alegedly for copyright reasons.

Harry Woodrow

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.