Sign in to follow this  
anthonye

Carenado Do 228-100 HD Series (for X-Plane 11)

Hi

Is anyone using the GTN 750 with the Carenado Do 228-100 HD Series (for X-Plane 11).

I  am wondering if the GTN750 has been implemented onto the 3D cockpit, and automatically gets switched or has it got to be done with editing. I did ask JT before I bought it from them

But they said that I had to contact Carenado which I did, but did not a reply from them. 

Also wondered if it has a popup when clicking the gauge.

Anyone any info on this would help.

Thanks

Anthony

Yes - I am. And the GTN-750 is fully integrated into the cockpit. It overlays the existing 530 visually. There is a switch on the pedestal to do this - so you can use the 530 or the 750.

There is of course a 2D popup that you can trigger with a button/keystroke. In theory, you just need to click the bezel of the in cockpit image to bring up the 2D screen, but I find that rarely works. I use the button method. The GTN-750 has just implemented a 2D popup screen now that can be dragged to another monitor, which is a very good solution for me.

The GTN-750 is a wonderful addon. It beats the 530 hands down for ease of input. I hate using the 530 controls. And of course the 750 is a lot more powerful than the 530.

One "problem" with the GTN-750 is that it uses the inbuilt Garmin database - and it is one that is difficult to update. So the data might not match your data in XP or your flight planning software. There is no way to update it using Navigraph, for example. If you are flying in the USA I am guessing this won't be much of an issue. Flying through the middle east and asia I found it to be a real problem - especially as I added FSE into the mix, and that is WAY out of date. Still, it is not a huge problem, and where I am now in Australia it has so far been spot on.

• Upvote 1

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Thanks for reply, you have answered it all. Thats all I asked JF and Carenado

dont know why they could not of answered like you have, very simple question Carenado did not even reply and today they sent me a rating page on their reply, you can image what I said.

Thanks

Anthony

5 hours ago, anthonye said:

Haven't got it yet will do soon, but what do you think of the aircraft.

It is my current favourite. It is a replacement for the STMA PC-12 that I flew for ages and so far it seems the best aircraft that is made for XP 11. I wish it was a bit more study level, but it is pretty good for a Carenado plane - probably their best yet. I hate the beta lock - it seems to me to be very buggy. It is also a bit weird to land - I am not sure that they have that right - but it could very well be spot on. But the combination of the GTN-750 and now Pilot2ATC has made it a very good aircraft to fly. I highly recommend it.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

I will be getting it today, what is the beta lock, and what should I look out for by what you are saying.

Anthony

1 hour ago, anthonye said:

I will be getting it today, what is the beta lock, and what should I look out for by what you are saying.

Anthony

it is a means of putting the props into a sort of feather mode so the engines are easier to start. It is called Start Lock and you engage the start lock before starting and disengage after starting and it is done by going into beta mode briefly. Something like that. The manual explains it all.

ok, will read the manual when I have it, like I usually do. Thought that it may be something over the top and complicated :-)

Thanks

Anthony

The Carenado DO228 is a fantastic plane. I've flown already +100 hours. Recently I bought the Reality XP GTN750. It's really a joy to fly with this combination.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, gmargodt said:

The Carenado DO228 is a fantastic plane. I've flown already +100 hours. Recently I bought the Reality XP GTN750. It's really a joy to fly with this combination.

I agree to both statements! A couple of questions for you, if I may.

Do you have occasions where the plane will not move on the ground? I think it is in beta lock but whatever it is, it is very hard to get it to move again. Any tips?

How do you find the landing final flare? I am still having a problem and I am guessing it is me. I find it very hard to flare nicely at the end - for some reason it either lands like a brick or floats down the runway. I get it on ok, it just seems a bit weird to me. What is your experience?