Sign in to follow this  
skyymann

DX10, FSX and PMDG

Hello Forum Land,

I have a question and an issue and can't seem to find an answer, so I will throw it out to this august body ;-) I did a complete HD wipe, installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro, FSX and P3DV4. I kept FSX so I could use the Aerosoft Bus and I'm a tad too cheap to pay for the 777 and 744 upgrade to P3DV4. On my old installation, I had DX10 running nicely on FSX. For some reason, this kept me out of VAS hell and I could fly the 777 or the 744 into KLAX, VHHH or EDDF (All very high end add ons) with no concern for the dreaded VAS crash. Now, when I have DX10 on in FSX, any time I change views in ANY PMDG (Or Aerosoft Bus) aircraft, I get this strange scenery flash before it settles down on the new window. I have traced this to DX10 and it only seems to be an issue with PMDG and the AS Bus. TFDI has no issue or any other add on.  I know PMDG does NOT support DX10, but there are a lot of very smart people here who might have something to add. RSR, I promise I will move the 777 and 744 to P3DV4, but I need a bit of time, then I will be done with FSX, but not until I can afford to move my PMDG birds. AS will have the bus ready for P3DV4 ASAP ( I know, I'm on the beta team :-)

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Scott,

it's been a while since I had FSX installed, but I think I remember that with the DX10 fixer (I think you have it?) I had to do some different tweaks in the FSX.cfg than when using DX9. You have added highmemfix? and then I remember that there has always been a fiddling with the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT and FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION. Both have been the most important tweaks to be set correctly on my system. As you are on a beta team I think you know about that stuff, but it's easy to be forgotten when setting up everything again.. 

Hi Marc,

I seem to remember a lot of that as well. I suppose I will need to do some more research. Or just give up and buy the P3DV4 777 and 744 :-) It was a very long time since I did a clean FSX set up. Man, do I love P3D. I didn't tweet anything.

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!