Cristian Schneider

Camera view and turn issue help!!!

hello to everyone!!

i am new here and this is my first post. so I am sorry for any mistake regarding the topic..

mi issue is as following.. i have the PD3V4.1 with windows 10 and my problem is.. that except for the 320 and the 737 from pdgm.. i can not see the camera view of the cockpit. i see the runway but no dahsboard at all..

I can only see the dahsboard in the virtual cockpit view..  my problem is the same with many plains..so i guess it might have something to do with the simulator settings?

any ideas, any help please, because it sucks not to be able to see the dashboard.

thanks!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Cristian Schneider said:

hello to everyone!!

i am new here and this is my first post. so I am sorry for any mistake regarding the topic..

mi issue is as following.. i have the PD3V4.1 with windows 10 and my problem is.. that except for the 320 and the 737 from pdgm.. i can not see the camera view of the cockpit. i see the runway but no dahsboard at all..

I can only see the dahsboard in the virtual cockpit view..  my problem is the same with many plains..so i guess it might have something to do with the simulator settings?

any ideas, any help please, because it sucks not to be able to see the dashboard.

thanks!!

If I understand your post correctly, your saying you can only see the cockpit (dashboard) from the virtual cockpit (VC) view and not from the 2D view?

The reason could be that aside from the NGX, a lot of planes don’t come with 2D cockpit panels like they did back in FS9 and FSX to some extent, so you’ll probably end up having to get used to flying from the VC like a lot of simmers do theses days. As far as PMDG is concerned, the NGX which you already own was their last plane to have a 2D cockpit panel included. Their 777 and 747 have some 2D pop up panels, but not a 2D cockpit as they are now designed to be flown from the virtual cabin.

Hope this helps, if I understood your question correctly.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

If I understand your post correctly, your saying you can only see the cockpit (dashboard) from the virtual cockpit (VC) view and not from the 2D view?

The reason could be that aside from the NGX, a lot of planes don’t come with 2D cockpit panels like they did back in FS9 and FSX to some extent, so you’ll probably end up having to get used to flying from the VC like a lot of simmers do theses days. As far as PMDG is concerned, the NGX which you already own was their last plane to have a 2D cockpit panel included. Their 777 and 747 have some 2D pop up panels, but not a 2D cockpit as they are now designed to be flown from the virtual cabin.

Hope this helps, if I understood your question correctly.

yes that's exactly my issue. so that`s why then  2D view does not exist anymore..you are a genius!! thanks for your help.. I thought it was someting with setting or some stuff..

You know i have another issue.. i forgot to write about.. i am having problems with turning.. can not turn the plain while on the ground.. i can not even keep them in the centerline when taking off.. is some bug from the simulator maybe?..i have the PD3V4.1 version.

thanks again!!!

yes that's exactly my issue. so that`s why then  2D view does not exist anymore..you are a genius!! thanks for your help.. I thought it was someting with setting or some stuff..

Welcome. 

Well, the 2D view itself still exists as you’ve found out, but unless the plane came with 2D cockpit panels ,then, like you mentioned, you’ll only see the runway or whatever is in front of you and no panel. Not many developers make planes with 2D panels anymore since VCs have become more popular and easier to use than back in the FS9 days. 

You know i have another issue.. i forgot to write about.. i am having problems with turning.. can not turn the plain while on the ground.. i can not even keep them in the centerline when taking off.. is some bug from the simulator maybe?..i have the PD3V4.1 version.

thanks again!!!

What type of controllers are you using? Do you have dedicated rudder pedals? Could just be a problem with your calibration or assignments if your using something other than a physical controller.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:46 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

Welcome. 

Well, the 2D view itself still exists as you’ve found out, but unless the plane came with 2D cockpit panels ,then, like you mentioned, you’ll only see the runway or whatever is in front of you and no panel. Not many developers make planes with 2D panels anymore since VCs have become more popular and easier to use than back in the FS9 days. 

What type of controllers are you using? Do you have dedicated rudder pedals? Could just be a problem with your calibration or assignments if your using something other than a physical controller.

I am using a jmicrosoft joystick. which used to work fine.. in the pd3v3. and in the FSX simulator. i just updated to pd3v4.1 version and since then i am srew.. I have no pedals.

I read somewhere. it was some kind of bug or something, and that many people had the same issue..if so. may i find a patch for that?..