Sign in to follow this  
KSN

GTN750 2d No bezel for hardware use

Hello,

I've made a hardware GTN750 with a small touchscreen but now the bezel is visual on my outside view monitor. Is it possible to remove the bezel in the 2d window mode?

Is there a way to save the position of the GTN750 so that I don't have to drag and resize it for every flight?

Another thing: when I tap the screen too long (right mouseclick), the GTN750 disappears, is that a bug? It would be nice to have an option of placing the GTN750 always 'on top', is that possible?

Thanks

Hi,

We'd be glad to see your hardware in action someday!

Removing the bezel is easy and just requires changing the RealityXP.GTN.ini file setting in your aircraft folder. The settings file is documented in the User's Manual, and this lets you configure specific rendering settings per-gauge instance configured in the panel.cfg file, among which, this one:

nobezel=

There are a lot of other settings which might help your display.

Alternatively, if you just need 'nobezel', you might just want to add a 5th parameter to the gauge entry in the panel.cfg file like this:

gauge##=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, x, y, w, h, NO_BEZEL

This saves you having to create a rendering section in the ini file (see above) if just for this feature.

As for saving position, it is a feature which must be provided by FltSim itself, because the popup windows your are using are all panel.cfg configured window only. I'm not sure there is a way to do so as-is though.

For the same reason, the gauge doesn't offer any 'on top' feature. Should there is such function, it would have to be implemented in FltSim itself as well.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

41 minutes ago, RXP said:

As for saving position, it is a feature which must be provided by FltSim itself, because the popup windows your are using are all panel.cfg configured window only. I'm not sure there is a way to do so as-is though.

And that is the solution here.  In panel.cfg are a set of [window##] settings. There is one for each pop-up the user wants configured.  The pop-up for a GTN can be adjusted as to size and position. There is a definite learning curve associated with getting it done, and when properly configured for a specific aircraft, the pop-up is then consistent in size and position.  In many cases position and size, once determined, can be applied to the panel.cfg file for other aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, KSN said:

Is there a way to save the position of the GTN750 so that I don't have to drag and resize it for every flight?

My comments are about the case you are using an undocked window (for the external touchscreen). Is this what you are referring to? Otherwise, Frank comments are spot on: once position and size set in the panel.cfg, they always reload the same!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

thanks for the quick replies. It all worked out. I've disabled the right mouseclick window toggle function in the .ini file and it works perfectly. It even remembers the position correctly. 

As soon as I've finished the hardware I'll let you guys know.

Here is perhaps some additional thought about popup size and placement, and also a tip on use of the 5th parameter to control toggle of the popup.  These are from my Milviz Beech Baron.  This may be of value to others reading this topic.

Note below in my [Window##] section below that if you add together the x dimension values for "window_pos =" and "window_size =", (0.7705 & 0.2295), they equal 1.00 (or 100%).  Likewise with the sum of the y dimension values (0.6085 & 0.3915).  This places the popup in the size I want and position I want, down flush into the lower right corner of my screen, which is my personal preference. 

If I wanted the popup flush into the upper right corner of my screen I'd just change the y value from 0.6085 to 0.0000. If I wanted top left I would change both x and y position variables to 0.000.

There is also/instead a variable named "position =" that has 8 preset positions.  "position = 1" is the at top left continuing with 2, 3, 4 across, then down for 5 across through 8.  i.e. "position = 4" is the top right, 5 is bottom left, on to 8, which is bottom right.  I prefer using coordinates instead as it provides more precise placement. 

I use "size = 100" for the window size and use 100,100 for the x,y coordinates  in the "gauge00 =" line.  Essentially I believe this conforms the size to 100% of the size called for in the "window_size =" variables. 
==============================
[Window##]
Background_color=0,0,0
size = 100,100
ident = 15531
window_pos=  0.7705,  0.6085
window_size= 0.2295,  0.3915
zorder=99

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_2,  0,0,100,100, POP_RXP

From the VCockpit section below:
The coordinates (first 4 parameters) here were determined here from a previous Milviz installation of the F1 GTN750.  I merely edited the line to replace the gauge name with the appropriate gauge name for the RXP GTN 750.  Also note that for this aircraft I am using GTN_750_2.  I store different flight plans for the most part in GTN_750_1 than I store in GTN_750_2.  And use the specific GTN that best fits the type flying I do in that aircraft.
[Vcockpit##]
gauge## = rxpGTN!GTN_750_2, 0,285,638,640, POP_RXP

The 5th parameter in each of the [Window07] section and in the VCockpit section ", POP_RXP" calls a parameter specified in the "RealityXP.GTN.ini"  file and creates the popup toggle.  
[GTN_750_2.POP_RXP]
popright = 15531

The value for "popright ="  in the [VCockpit##] section must match the value for "ident =" in the [Window##] section, and that "ident =" value must be unique.  It cannot be shared by another gauge.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 1/13/2018 at 0:31 PM, fppilot said:

The value for "popright ="  in the [VCockpit##] section must match the value for "ident =" in the [Window##] section, and that "ident =" value must be unique.  It cannot be shared by another gauge.

I committed an error in the above statement.  Instead it should read:

The value for "popright =" in the added section of the "RealityXP.GTN.ini"  file must match the value for "ident =" in the [Window##] section of the panel.cfg file, and that "ident =" value must be unique.  It cannot be shared by another gauge.

There is no such value needed in the [VCockpit##] section of panel.cfg.  The only thing needed there is the fifth parameter name callout.  "popright" in my example, but you can assign almost any name you wish in the .ini file.  See the user guide for the couple of name exceptions.

Frank Patton
ASUS