Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

AS16 Updated my WxStations List, now have weather.dll CTDs. Related?

Hi gang. I was flying last night and got a popup window that said, in red letters, that AS needed to update the WXstations list (or something like that), and that I had to close and restart. (I think that's what it said, so I did that.) 

Problem is that now if I try to fly anywhere other than Washington, I get a CTD and the error thrown (from the log) is weather.dll.

What I did next:

1. followed all the instructions from the Avsim CTD doc. ALL OF THEM (deleting all the Wx files, the wxstations.bin files, etc.)

2. Installed several other SF themes to see if I had a corrupted texture, and then restored my original cloud textures pre-REX SF3

3. deleted my FSX cfg file

4. changed FSUIPC's weather setting from 2 to 0 per several posts from Pete (FSUIPC)

5. Uninstalled and reinstalled AS16 and updated to latest hotfix (just in case)

Still can't go anywhere other than the state of washington without a "FATAL ERROR" being thrown by weather.dll.

I haven't installed anything (except to reinstall AS16), so I really think, at this point, that something didn't go quite right with the wxstations list update from AS16. 

Looks like I have a corrupted weather.dll resulting from AS16 updating that list, but maybe not (not trying to place blame or jump to conclusions, but the two events seem to go hand in hand).

Has anyone else has a similar issue? 

Please and thank you.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Sorry to be reading about your issue.  Can't say that I have seen this one before.  Your best bet would be for you to log a ticket at the HiFi support page.  Please make sure to list all weather related addons and textures packages in use.

Please open a ticket at http://support.hifitechinc.com and include all logs which are located at:

c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\hifi\ASProduct\A S _Simulator_Log_xxxxx.txt. 

This should help ID the problem. 

Thank you. 

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi,

"Something" corrupted the file wxmapping.bin inside p3d\weather folder, hence the message you got from ActiveSky. It was just attempting to restore it (and it failed). Recent versions of ActiveSky (since ASN) just read and do not touch this file anymore, since our depiction is not based on internal sim station anymore.

A corrupt wxmapping.bin will cause a CTD in weather.dll This is known since many years ago. Our support team will help you fix it.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Well, I'd love to submit a ticket, but after registering in both the forums and the helpdesk, I can't because it says my account is disabled....

6 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

Hi Scott,

Sorry to be reading about your issue.  Can't say that I have seen this one before.  Your best bet would be for you to log a ticket at the HiFi support page.  Please make sure to list all weather related addons and textures packages in use.

Please open a ticket at http://support.hifitechinc.com and include all logs which are located at:

c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\hifi\ASProduct\A S _Simulator_Log_xxxxx.txt. 

This should help ID the problem. 

Thank you. 

Should have replied to someone other than myself. lol:

---after registering in both the forums and the helpdesk, I can't get a ticket open because it says my account is disabled....

And, never mind, because a second email from help desk just arrived (a bit later, weird), and now I'm set up with the help desk (sorry to be such a pain!). lol