Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Xplane11 overflight of the Grand Canyon, Photo Scenery

Flying over the Grand Canyon using Xplane11 and my scenery I created with Ortho4XP.  It makes the Grand Canyon look soooo real to me!

John

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jh71 said:

I agree, Canyon land is one region where you really can not go without Ortho ! (and this must be something in VR).

I imagine it is something amazing in VR.  I have P3DV4 and MSE's Arizona and Utah scenery, but they are nothing like the USA_2 source that I used for this Ortho.  Sadly I ran out of drive space (almost, left room for aircraft add-ons), so I am not making any more Ortho.  I used level 16 as my resolution for my Ortho, one notch sharper than the version 2 MSE scenery I have for P3D.  My Ortho extends about 2000 miles roughly from North to South, covering a swath from 120 to 600 miles wide, North to South.  I first tried using Bing as my source, but I found the colors too vibrant, not subdued like they are in real life, and I have flown the entire US quite often.  Even MSE is a bit too vibrant in some of the states that it renders, but if I curb visibility it looks a bit better.  My favorite aircraft is the Cirrus but there seems to be a bug in it that does not allow one to set the GPS, so I have to manually set heading hold based on my best guess for the course.

John