Hi all,

I have the saitek throttle quadrant, been using it for a while now and have it configured in fsuipc. What I am noticing is, with the mixture lever, it works pretty good, its reasonably smooth and idle cutoff on the lever shows 0% on the sim, and rich on the lever shows 100% on the sim so all good there. but the throttle lever, I go full throttle and sometimes it will show 100%, some times 88% almost something different everytime. When I pull back to idle on the lever (into the detent area) sometimes its 0% sometimes its 12% etc - same spot different value.

When I looked at the axis config in FSUIPC, sure enough, putting the lever to full 4-5 times in a row shows a different max value everytime! The other issue is, using the throttle from idle 0% and slowly pushing it up wont register any change until it jumps to 26% so its not smooth at all. Have played around with the slope but has not made any difference.

I guess this is a cheap hardware issue, but would be great if there was a way to fix it. If all also fails I might try setup the pitch lever as the throttle!

When you say ‘a while’ is that a few months - so inside the warranty period- or somewhat longer?

It sounds like the potentiometers are getting worn. I have the same problem and sadly there’s nothing you can do about it. They’re poor quality pots built to a price.

I’m looking at the FlyHoneycomb units due to arrive in the next 2-3 months. I’ve had close to 8 years out of my Saitek throttles. The yoke is still okay so I may sell it on.

The FlyHoneycomb units have higher quality components so will last a lot longer. Check the thread in this section if you’re interested.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've also suddenly started getting massive issues with BRAND NEW Saitek Quadrants when using FSUIPC.   See my post above.  I wonder if a Windows update is causing issues?

1 hour ago, Dougal said:

I've also suddenly started getting massive issues with BRAND NEW Saitek Quadrants when using FSUIPC.   See my post above.  I wonder if a Windows update is causing issues?

Check outside of FSX/P3D in Control Panel, Devices @ Printers. That will confirm one way or another. If you have another PC with Windows7 that would tell you for certain if it was the throttle or the OS.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I actually managed to solve my issue, the "min movement" value in fsuipc was very high for the throttle, after changing that to a lower value I managed to get a far better improvement in throttle repsonse, I would not say butter smooth but lets call it $50 smooth!