Sign in to follow this  
touchdown49

New Computer Install of 737

Hello

I have received a new computer build and wish to transfer my PMDG 737 for P3dv4 from my old computer to the new one.

Am I correct that I have to uninstall the aircraft from my old computer along with P3dv4 and then reinstall the aircraft to the new one.

Will this overcome any licence issues?

I have a back up of the P3dv4 737 on an external drive to avoid downloading it again. I purchased the 737 for P3dv4 not long ago for my old computer.

Just would appreciate the best way on this as this is my first reinstall of the aircraft.

Thank you

David Spackman

David Spackman Real World Pilot  😀

Simply release the license in the NGX in your old computer, no need to uninstall after that.  This is explained in the introduction document as well.

If the OC has shown your version is current, there is no need to download another installer.  FYI, you have a certain number of reinstalls with no questions asked and beyond that you can simply ask PMDG to reset the count at PMDG Product Support. Easy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you downscc for your help. I am not sure what you mean by release the license on my old computer. I did look through the documentation but I missed any reference to this. Is it something you have to do using the FMC?

I assumed by uninstalling it from my old computer that released the license.

Hope you can clarify.

Thanks again

David Spackman

David Spackman Real World Pilot  😀

23 minutes ago, touchdown49 said:

Is it something you have to do using the FMC?

It is indeed in the FMC. PMDG Setup<License<Release License. At least, I think that’s the path. Not at my computer at the moment but it’s somewhere in PMDG Setup in the FMC. I’m sure Dan will correct me if I have the path wrong.