Sign in to follow this  
opticx

can not set FSX to previous state

Hello,

Windows 7

Today downloaded new version.
Installation with no problem.

- But AES Service ist the half to much above the ground.
 - all AES vehicles are also above the ground

All AES vehicles are not moving on the ground but over the ground.
Looks like they are flying.

Right side view of my plane left wheel is to the right of the yellow gate line.
I change the view to the left side, the plane is optically offset to the left.
So right wheel is now left of the yellow line.
only direct front or rear view, the plane is exactly in the middle of the yellow line.

The uninstall made twice brings no improvement.
So without DX10 in DX9 mode used Backuped DX9 - original Fsx.cfg.

I want to have my original FSX again.:bengong:

Started from other partition without DXFixer (FSX is on a partition used by multiple partitions) everything again as before AES on the ground no flying busses.
Only the Win7 partion is now for FSX not useable.
Restart Computer etc.

What must be manually removed to get FSX in DX9 mode to work as before?

Thomas

You haven’t provided your full name...

However  as  I am certain that your problem has nothing to do with the fixer I will answer

The fixer changes  shaders to better show shadows, it does not alter the position of objects in the fsx world.  All it deals with are triangles, it has no concept of an aircraft or a building.

From what you describe it sounds like you  have a  ground height issue with the airport you were using and the aircraft.  The aircraft is therefore being positioned floating in the air which in turn messes up AES.

So presumably something changed, then you reinstalled the fixer and are now wrongly attributing your issue to the fixer reinstallation.

I would guess that your issue is either 

your scenery.cfg ordering and the world mesh/ airport flatten

OR  possibly mutiple copies of the same airport - perhaps in a new add on area?

OR you have changed location  in game which can also confuse the fsx engine

OR the contact points in the aircraft.cfg of the aircraft your are using  are wrong  

OR your mesh resolution slider in fsx is set incorrectly,

You can simply switch to dx9 by pressing the switch to dx9 button in the dx10 controller which reverts all changes that the fixer makes. However it  won’t help as your problem is in my view not connected with the fixer or dx10.

I understand that you may be certain in your mind that nothing  was changed previously but there is nothing  I can do to help as its not possible for the fixer to do what you describe and its a known thing that can occur with fsx.

I suggest that you test with several aircraft  and airports in dx9 always starting a new flight and then post for help in the main avsim forum. Just describe your problem -  aircraft and vehicles floating and I am sure people can help you better than I track down where your issue is.  Then when it is fixed you can go back to using the fixer in dx10.