Sign in to follow this  
larshgf

Afcad not updated in LittleNavMap?

Hi,

Newly purchased a greek photoreal scenery. In ADE I made a correction of the default runway and placed it on top of the photoreal same runway (LGKO). In P3Dv3 it looks as expected, but in LittleNavMap - after having loaded the scenery library again - the default airport is still displaced (as before the correction). Se pictures....

As in P3Dv3

As in LittleNavMap

What might be wrong here??

Best Regards, Lars

LNN display a graphic representation of the airport, not a 100% perfect match, so the area with the 'X' may not appear..

Unfortunately, your photo airport only shows the rwy 33 end, which seem to match up to the LNN version.  Can you display the whole Greek airport to validate the ramps?

BTW, if you select the airport in LNM and look at the information tab it will display a list of the files used for that airport. The photoreal should be above the default in that tab.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

3 hours ago, airernie said:

the area with the 'X' may not appear..

Sorry, I just noticed that the area with the 'X' is part of the photoreal,not the AFCAD, so it's not going to display.  

Ernest Pergrem

My new BGL file for Kos Airport (LGKO) i called LGKO_ADEP3_LF.bgl and I placed it in this folder: E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\AddonScenery\Scenery\

When I select LGKO in LittleNavMap and click the information tab I  get this information:  0602 Base  E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\0602\scenery\APX55180.bgl

so apparently my own BGL file has not been used by LNM. The question is if the location of my new bgl-file has been placed in the wrong folder (AddonScener/scenery)?

It works in the P3Dv3 as is seen on my screenshot. I imagine that my new file should be placed somewhere else? Or should the old BGL-file (APX55180.bgl) be erased?

I have moved my aircraft to Gate 12. But as you can see on the next two pictures the aircraft is displaced in southwest direction in LNM but not in P3D.

P3D_At Gate 12 - LGKO
LNM_At gate 12 - displaced to the SouthWest

Usually there is more than one airport in these. APX55180.bgl contains 18 airports. Also, there is no need to erase APX55180.bgl since an add-on airport automatically overrides stock airports (or parts of them which can be configured by ADE).

Note that it should be "Addon Scenery" (space between words). If the directory is referenced from the "scenery.cfg" file it is also read by LNM no matter what name. When everything is right the information window in LNM should show both APX55180.bgl and LGKO_ADEP3_LF.bgl in that order.

It can be an issue in LNM, maybe. I try to mimic P3D behavior as much as possible but there are always corner cases which are not documented.

Alex

Thank you Alex for the answer and a very usefull an fine program!!

I changed foldername to "Addon Scenery" (with a space) and afterwards checked the scenery.cfg file seeing that the "Addon Scener/scenery" was there as expected. However - after Loading the Scenery Library again in LNM it was the same (aircraft still a little displaced and still no new bgl (LGKO_ADEP3_LF.bgl) in the information window.

BR, Lars

PS: If you make any changes in LNM I would bed happy to test it for you!

Hi Lars,

send me an email with the log of a scenery library loading session and the LGKO_ADEP3_LF.bgl. I'll have a quick look at it and also can add you to the tester list.

Alex