Sign in to follow this  
BillStewart

a few of questions based on trial

Hi, thinking of purchasing this and have been playing with the trial for a few days with P3D.  I have a few questions I hope somebody will be kind enough to answer:

I took off in the Majestic Q400 and realized I left the gear pins and thus landing gear wouldn't retract.  Is there a "declare an emergency"  option where ATC will give me procedures to return to airport?  If not, what is the procedure to get ATC to stop telling me to continue on my planned route and vector me back to airport for landing?  

Also I noticed that after ATC gave me taxi instructions, I repeated them but ATC did not say read back correct, instead it repeated the taxi instructions.  I then used the Say It option so that the TTS voice would respond.  ATC still repeated the instructions without just saying read back correct.  Is that an error, or is it programmed that ATC doesn't need to say read back correct for that?

Also, if I purchase more TTS voices, is it possible to have the program randomly assign more than one voice the various atc assignments, or can there only be one voice assigned to a particular assignment regardless (i.e. the same voice will be played for ground ATC at departure airport  and then will be used again  at arrival airport for  ground ATC)?

Thanks 

Bill

There is not support yet for declaring an emergency.  However, if you need to divert to a different airport or back to the departure airport, you can request vectors something like "<CallSign>" request vectors for visual straight-in (or ILS or RNAV, etc) to Ruwnay xx at Echo Hotel Alpha Mary"  and ATC should start giving vectors or transfer you to a controller that can.

If Taxi instructions are read back correctly, they are not acknowledged.  IF there is an error, then you will get the instructions again.  Using SayIt for that particular readback is recommended to avoid errors.

Voices are assigned to each controller at Departure and separately to Destination controllers, so if you have enough voices, the only possibility of repeats is Center controllers.

Dave

thanks for the quick reply.  I do have another question based on a flight I did.  For whatever reason, I got an error message during take off that P2atc has closed.  I continued with my take off.  Can I just load p2atc again while inflight or do I need to start the flight over?

thanks

Bill,

When P2A Crashes and you want to restart in flight, here are the steps that usually work:

1) Restart P2A and connect to the SIM

2) Load and File the flight plan you had before....be sure all the procedures match what you are flying.

3) If you're on departure, you can contact Departure control.  Or if en-route, Center.  If no Center is listed, and there's no departure control, try contacting a nearby tower or Approach controller.  Then request a frequency change to Center. "<CallSign> request frequency change to Center"

4) Give the correct initial call.  "<CallSign> climbing to FL 320" or "<CallSign> at FL 320".