Sign in to follow this  
MarkHargrove

737NGX Landing Gear Lever Actions

I recently added a three-position landing gear lever to my sim and have run into a puzzling issue with getting the correct DOWN/UP/OFF states to work.  I'm using SPAD.neXt as my primary control and panel handler and a USB-button controller to sense the button states on the landing gear lever.  It has two switches -- one is engaged in the gear-UP position, one is engaged in the gear-DOWN position and neither are engaged in the OFF.  I've got SPAD.neXt configured to treat the switches as 'simple' buttons (i.e., no "long" or "short" presses, just "button pressed" or "button released").  The gear DOWN position is detected as a 'button pressed' event and sends a PMDG737:EVT_GEAR_LEVER simulation event with a PMDG "Special Value" of Singleclick:Left Mouse Button (I'm going by memory on which mouse button it is; I may have it reversed from "gear up").  This event works correctly -- when the physical gear lever is moved to the 'gear down' position, PMDG responds correctly and the gear lowers (and the on-screen gear lever moves to the DOWN position as well).

The 'gear up' switch as two events attached:  'on press' sends a PMDG737:EVT_GEAR_LEVER simulation event with a PMDG special value of 'Singleclick:Right Mouse Button', and 'on release' sends a PMDG737:EVT_GEAR_LEVER_OFF event with a 'pmdg special value' of 'Singleclick:Left Mouse Button'.    The 'on press' event does not work correctly -- the on-screen animation rapidly cycles between gear-up and gear-off as long as the physical lever in in the 'gear up' position.  When moved to the 'gear off' position, the simulator state correctly moves to 'gear off' as does the on-screen animation of the gear lever.

My first thought was that I was inadvertently sending a repeated 'gear-up' event, but I've verified over and over that I'm sending only a single emulation event for the 'gear up' on-press event.  Does anybody have any thoughts about what might be going on?

(Since I truly don't know if this is a SPAD.neXt issue or a PMDG SDK-related issue I'm cross posting this to the SPAD.neXt support forum as well).

Thanks!

-M.

Keep in mind that the gear actuator is generally a toggle, up/down and the off state is a separate control binding.  Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

It's a toggle from the FSX/P3D keyboard controls.  Gear Up/Gear Down are discrete SimConnect events.  There are equivalent discrete Gear Up/Gear Down custom controls from PMDG, and, as you said, "Gear Off" is yet another custom PMDG control.

Sorry to revive this thread,but I have continuous gear lever cycling with 737NG,and my PFC Cirrus 2 console,even after deleting ALL keyboard commands in PMDG and P3DV4. Pulling my hair out here...........

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

One shall use PMDG mouse-flag as parameters for gear-lever control etc. I.e. refer corresponding mouse action in the VC.

Event ID: EVT_GEAR_LEVER (works for gear up, off and down)

Parameter: MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTSINGLE (this works for gear up)