Sign in to follow this  
vhrob

Tutorial - No COORZ3 SID in FMC

I am just starting work on the QOTS tutorial. But my FMC does not seem to have the COORZ3 SID from runway 17R at KDEN?

The tutorial KDEN Departures page for 17R shows just 1 SID, COORZ3. My page shows 6! DCBEL2, DENVR5, PIKES4, PLAIN4, ROCK14 and YELLO6.

:huh: Rob Stevenson

56 minutes ago, vhrob said:

I am just starting work on the QOTS tutorial. But my FMC does not seem to have the COORZ3 SID from runway 17R at KDEN?

The tutorial KDEN Departures page for 17R shows just 1 SID, COORZ3. My page shows 6! DCBEL2, DENVR5, PIKES4, PLAIN4, ROCK14 and YELLO6.

:huh: Rob Stevenson

I think you need to update your AIRAC.  I have the COORZ3 departure available. 

Check the AIRAC version. The Boeing 747-400 was released with I believe either 1701 or 1702. If you have an older version, my guess is you have an older PMDG product like the 777 or the 737, in which case the installer didn't overwrite the navigation data in case you wanted to keep it for some reason.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I think you are on the money Captain.

I just checked my 737NGX and the AIRAC cycle is 0908!  So that is what has been loaded into my QOTS. 

So I could fabricate a route using the existing SIDs or a trip over to Navigraph is required I guess. Is downloading there a simple thing?

Rob

You have two options. If you want the most up to date data, then yes, you'll need to head over to Navigraph. HOWEVER....before you do that, I should point out that the procedures may have changed since the original data had been released. So, what exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish. If all you want to do is be able to fly the tutorial flight, what you can do is go into the PMDG folder and move the navigation data to your desktop or some other location temporarily. Then uninstall the 747 and re-install it, and the navigation data should install. Alternatively, I wonder if you run the 747 installer, if the repair option would fix it. I don't know, as I've never tried it. You can try that first and see if that works, and if that doesn't, then uninstall and re-install the 747 only.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

You have two options. If you want the most up to date data, then yes, you'll need to head over to Navigraph. HOWEVER....before you do that, I should point out that the procedures may have changed since the original data had been released. So, what exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish. If all you want to do is be able to fly the tutorial flight, what you can do is go into the PMDG folder and move the navigation data to your desktop or some other location temporarily. Then uninstall the 747 and re-install it, and the navigation data should install. Alternatively, I wonder if you run the 747 installer, if the repair option would fix it. I don't know, as I've never tried it. You can try that first and see if that works, and if that doesn't, then uninstall and re-install the 747 only.

Wow, that seems a little complicating.   Just DL the current AIRAC or just manually input the waypoints.  Simple

10 hours ago, LittleBula80 said:

Wow, that seems a little complicating.   Just DL the current AIRAC or just manually input the waypoints.  Simple

I don't know what exactly he's trying to do, that's why I gave him options. We just had a thread not too long ago with people asking them to update the tutorial using the current navigation data since the ones in the tutorial were outdated, and Kyle basically explained why that would take too much work. So if he wants to be able to follow the tutorial, the current AIRAC might not help him if the procedures have changed since then. Manually entering the waypoints won't necessarily work if said waypoints don't exist anymore. That's why I gave him instructions on how to install the navigation data that came with the plane, which matches that of the tutorial.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

On 1/27/2018 at 7:09 PM, vhrob said:

On 1/28/2018 at 5:46 AM, Captain Kevin said:

Just to add to Captain Kevin's suggestion:

Be sure to run the Operations Center before you uninstall.  That way you won't lose any added liveries.  The 747 comes with a much newer airac than 0809, but I believe when you install the 747 it comes with an option to override or not override the existing navigation data (the same nav data folders and files are shared by all PMDG aircraft).  So if you repair or reinstall, be sure to select the option to install new nav data. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

3 hours ago, Mike777 said:

The 747 comes with a much newer airac than 0809, but I believe when you install the 747 it comes with an option to override or not override the existing navigation data (the same nav data folders and files are shared by all PMDG aircraft).  So if you repair or reinstall, be sure to select the option to install new nav data. 

I don't remember it ever giving you that option. Last I recall, if it saw any other navigation data in there, it wouldn't touch it. That is, unless anything has changed.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain Kevin said:

I don't remember it ever giving you that option. Last I recall, if it saw any other navigation data in there, it wouldn't touch it. That is, unless anything has changed.

You may be right -- I thought I recalled it giving that option.  Not going to uninstall/reinstall to test it!  At any rate your suggestion to remove the Navdata and Sidstars folders from ... FSX/PMDG will certainly cause a re-installation of the QOT (and possibly the "repair" option) to install the Airac it came with, 1702. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

28 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

You may be right -- I thought I recalled it giving that option.  Not going to uninstall/reinstall to test it!  At any rate your suggestion to remove the Navdata and Sidstars folders from ... FSX/PMDG will certainly cause a re-installation of the QOT (and possibly the "repair" option) to install the Airac it came with, 1702. 

Okay, so it did come with 1702. That I wasn't so sure about, I knew it was either 1701 or 1702.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg