Sign in to follow this  

No buttons working after long pause. | PMDG 777

So i was getting ready to fly from ESSA- Arlanda to OMDB-DUBAI. I had school the day later, so i enabled the "pause at TOD." 

I was about half the way when i went to sleep. The next morning i was cheking if everything was doing ok, i then started planning my decent and i noticed that the buttons wassn't working. 

The sim had been on pause for a long time, i don't know if that can have something to do with it. 

Cheers Vetle. :)

27 minutes ago, Vetle Corneliussen said:

I was about half the way when i went to sleep. The next morning i was cheking if everything was doing ok, i then started planning my decent and i noticed that the buttons wassn't working. 

The sim had been on pause for a long time, i don't know if that can have something to do with it. 

I'm confused.

You set the option for the sim to pause at T/D, and are surprised by the fact that it paused?

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm confused.

You set the option for the sim to pause at T/D, and are surprised by the fact that it paused?

No. I was suprised that when i pressed pause again nothing worked. Haha. Sorry for not saying it.

13 minutes ago, Vetle Corneliussen said:

No. I was suprised that when i pressed pause again nothing worked. Haha. Sorry for not saying it.

Nothing will work while it is paused. Perhaps you hit it a couple times, or you have the button set up so that it unpaused and then paused again (repeat setting on the button page).

Kyle Rodgers

Just now, scandinavian13 said:

Nothing will work while it is paused. Perhaps you hit it a couple times, or you have the button set up so that it unpaused and then paused again (repeat setting on the button page).

Ok. I understand. 

Cheers Vetle. 

49 minutes ago, Vetle Corneliussen said:

Hi Vettie,

You didn't have a data entry window active on one of the CDUs [green frame around scratch pad on one of the FMC screens) by any chance?

Also, I think minimizing the Flight Simulator screen may cause this issue.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

20 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Vettie,

You didn't have a data entry window active on one of the CDUs [green frame around scratch pad on one of the FMC screens) by any chance?

Also, I think minimizing the Flight Simulator screen may cause this issue.

Mike

I haven't minimized the flight simulator. And no i don't have a green frame around scratch pad on one of the FMC screens

How long did you pause it for?

PC went into low power state or some kind?

Did you try hitting the keyboard to change views?

1 hour ago, ganter said:

How long did you pause it for?

PC went into low power state or some kind?

Did you try hitting the keyboard to change views?

So i have chaseplane. When it goes a while it goes thru some nice views. I tried pressing some buttons and nothing worked. My screen was on the whole time. 

I was planning to do another flight so i can check if it works. 

Chaseplane? All bets are off then as I don't have it.

I see a lot of posts with people talking about freezes, CTD's, etc. with Chaseplane however.

I have TrackIR, Sometimes, if I'm away from the 'flight deck' for a few minutes and return - switches are unresponsive to the mouse.  This is true for PMDG right the way down to default Cessna (it's a FSX/ P3D thing), the solution is; I zoom all the way in and then back out and the switches work again.

Try it next time and see if that works.

1 hour ago, ganter said:

I see a lot of posts with people talking about freezes, CTD's, etc. with Chaseplane however.

I have TrackIR, Sometimes, if I'm away from the 'flight deck' for a few minutes and return - switches are unresponsive to the mouse.  This is true for PMDG right the way down to default Cessna (it's a FSX/ P3D thing), the solution is; I zoom all the way in and then back out and the switches work again.

Thanks! You have no idea how many people i have how many forums i have been on. Thanks again. :)

1 hour ago, ganter said:

Hey. So after loding up at San francisco i noticed that the fmc buttons isn't working, 

Hi Vetlie,

Just to cover all the bases, is there any chance your position is inside a pilot's seat or some other object?  Sometimes I've found I have moved my viewing position inside a seat without realizing it -- I can still see the panels perfectly well, but the buttons don't work.  The solution is simple: I move my position forward to be sure it is not located inside the pilot's seat. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

16 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Hi Vetlie,

Just to cover all the bases, is there any chance your position is inside a pilot's seat or some other object?  Sometimes I've found I have moved my viewing position inside a seat without realizing it -- I can still see the panels perfectly well, but the buttons don't work.  The solution is simple: I move my position forward to be sure it is not located inside the pilot's seat. 

Mike

That might be. I'll check if it is. Thanks. 

Cheers Vetle.