Sign in to follow this  
AZJim320

Captain sim 757 speed knob won’t work

Just purchased the Captain Sim757 for p3d4.  Everything works except the speed knob won’t allow setting of any speed.  Every other MCP knob works fine.  Hoping maybe someone else knows how to fix this.  

Thanks,

Jim

Welcome to Avsim

Sadly, most, if not all of Captain Sim releases are more like beta products.  Your not alone though. I've been around flight simming for many years, and I still bought the latest CS757.  There are many things wrong with the initial release.  Go to the Captain Sim forum and post your problems there.  There is actually a thread for posting bugs.

https://www.captainsim.org/forum/

18 minutes ago, Jim Milton said:

Just purchased the Captain Sim757 for p3d4.  Everything works except the speed knob won’t allow setting of any speed.  Every other MCP knob works fine.  Hoping maybe someone else knows how to fix this.  

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I definitely do not have this problem.  Remember, this product after installing the Hotfix, was developed only for v4.1 and not v4 and earlier P3D products as they used the P3DV4.1 SDK.  Lockheed's V4.1 fixed a lot of bugs in P3D and many of the addons.  You indicated just v4 in your OP so why I mention this.  If you have v4.1 installed, I suggest you uninstall 757 and reinstall and then reinstall the Hotfix.  When you install this product, make sure you right click the installer(s) and select run as Administrator.  That's a must in P3Dv4 and v4.1.  Make sure P3Dv4.1 is setup to always run as administrator for ALL Users (right click the P3D icon>select Properties>Compatibility Tab). 

Now, my issue.  I cannot get reverse thrust to engage at touchdown even when using the F2 key.  I should not have to use the F2 key for it to engage automatically.  Other than that, no problems whatsoever.  Please do not make me read the manual...:smile:

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

11 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Now, my issue.  I cannot get reverse thrust to engage at touchdown even when using the F2 key.

Decided to read the manual and it says if you apply the toe brakes, the autobrakes will disengage.  I never touch the brakes on landing but evidently that's what I'm doing.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim,  I am running P3D 4.1.  This is my fourth addon purchase that has some issue that makes it not flyable.  It is getting very frustrating.

On the speed dial, are you clicking in the center of the speed dial so the speed will show up.  Once the speed shows on the MCP, then you should be able to adjust the speed.  I don't understand why it works for me and you cannot get it to work.  That's why I thought maybe you were clicking on the wrong spot.

In my situation with the reverse thrust not working, I loaded the landing scenario into KSEA where you just sit back and watch the aircraft land and the reverse thrust did work BUT there was no sound so why I thought it was not working.

Best regards,

Jim 

Submit News to AVSIM

Finally after months of searching found the problem.  It was fsupic.  In the misc. tab I had mouse move and view checked.  I just unchecked these and everything is normal.  I also had two caranado aircraft that I couldn’t move any MCP knobs and now they two work.  

Jim

On 1/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, Jim Young said:

In my situation with the reverse thrust not working, I loaded the landing scenario into KSEA where you just sit back and watch the aircraft land and the reverse thrust did work BUT there was no sound so why I thought it was not working

Yes, same here. It works, even with the throttles but no change in sound.

Fun a/c though!

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors