Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

AI Traffic Model Issue causing problems at YPJT Jandakot

Hi all,

So i've been noticing this issue for awhile now, but since I bought VoxAtc it has been causing Fatal Errors so it's finally become a big enough problem to ask for help.

So far I have only noticed this at Jandakot airport. I am using MT6, and I have removed all incompatible models from the MT6 Aircrafts folder, and even manually added all the missing radio sections.

However at Jandakot I always see these planes with no landing gear and no working animations even for the engines.

The only other traffic I use is the ORBX Freeware stuff, I'm not sure which models it uses but i'm sure these are the ones causing the issue.

Here is a screenshot.

2018-1-31_19-42-26-585.jpg

On another note, another thing that constantly happens to me around the same area is if there are clouds they just flicker like crazy! Doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. So something in that area is causing some issues, hoping someone here has some ideas.

Cheers

I assume that you are referring to the latest ORBX AU AI Traffic pack. Those are  all FSX, although there are posts on the ORBX forum that a few FS9 models were not converted correctly to FSX.

Aircraft with missing landing gears and props in P3d4 are almost invariably FS9 conversions with incorrect animations. The only exception to that would be that some model textures are missing instead. Unfortunately, you probably need to note the exact models causing issues and hunt them down with a utility like either MCX or AI Aicraft Editor.

Flickering clouds are usually due to either AA settings or some kind of shader issue. The VOXATC fatal error message could be caused by a variety of airport related issues. You know the drill. Check for duplicate airports (MyT 6 for example) and bad taxiway/runway geometry using ADE.

Why all these issues would converge at a 3rd party airport that was released almost a decade ago and recently updated for P3d4 is certainly curious. If you have more elaborate details, PM me.

11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Aircraft with missing landing gears and props in P3d4 are almost invariably FS9 conversions with incorrect animations. The only exception to that would be that some model textures are missing instead. Unfortunately, you probably need to note the exact models causing issues and hunt them down with a utility like either MCX or AI Aicraft Editor.

Thanks for that info I will try and track them down. I actually happened to notice one of these models at KPSP as well yesterday, although it didn't cause any errors.

11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Flickering clouds are usually due to either AA settings or some kind of shader issue. The VOXATC fatal error message could be caused by a variety of airport related issues. You know the drill. Check for duplicate airports (MyT 6 for example) and bad taxiway/runway geometry using ADE.

For flickering clouds I understand why you say that, but i'm confused as to why it would only be happening in that part of the world. As with the same settings in much more resource hungry areas I never see that issue.

I have also removed the MT6 bgl's related to YPJT and YPPH, and possible other airports in the area, and have run the indexer again but something in that airport is causing an issue, I know that it worked before with YPJT so it's something that's changed recently. I just don't want to go down the dreaded path of a full reinstall! :)

I will update this post after I do a few more tests.

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Orbx are good about bug finding report that in their freeware support forum if it is their FTX AI and they'll find a fix.

Yeah I just want to make sure it is actually one of their models and not some left over MT6 ones first, so will have to do a bit of investigating tonight. :)

I have posted that screenshot on a similar topic about no landing gears in the ORBX forum, if they identify it as one of theirs that'll help, but until then i'll be doing my own checks to try and isolate the issue as much as possible before doing a full report.

Cheers

All good folks! Thanks to Nick over at ORBX we found out I had somehow(still not sure how) managed to install the older version of the ORBX freeware AU traffic pack and not the P3D V4 version.

Just removed all those files and installed the V4 version and everything is back to normal again. No more flickering clouds and no more Fatal Error from VoxAtc! Happy camper here! :) 

2018-2-5_22-35-44-930.jpg
2018-2-5_22-35-41-310.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone!

Cheers

• Upvote 1