Sign in to follow this  
youngie63

Resolved issues MT6/Vpilot & EFB airports P3Dv4

G'day All

Thought I would pass on my experience in resolving some issues I've had since upgrading to P3Dv4, particularly for those that are not 'code' savvy when it comes to IT. I know my way around a PC but I don't write code and only have a very basic understanding of what I am looking at when it comes to .cfg and .xml.

For five months I found it difficult to get a straight answer to my issues having spent many hours searching different FS forums. My issues included:

• Not being able to Model Match MT6 to Vpilot
  • Aivlasoft EFB showing default airports for 3rd Party add-ons (3PAO)
  • GSX not working properly at 3PAO airports

In almost every case, the solutions I viewed involved changing code in one form or another. Let's look at my first issue.

No matter what I tried, I couldn't Model Match MT6. After months of searching and using the VMR Generator (which appeared to work but didn't) I found that all I had to do was add an entry to the C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\simobjects.cfg file which automatically added the MT6 path to Vpilot/Model Matching/Advanced page - simply select 'Apply' if it is highlighted and you're right to go. The text to be added to the simobjects.cfg is as follows:

[Entry.10]
Title=My Traffic
Path=D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Note 1: The entry number is the consequential number on from the previous entry

Note 2: The path is where you installed MT6

EFB Display showing default airports for 3PAO

It turns out this was quite an easy fix which was directly associated with MT6 .bgl files. To fix it, go to your D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery folder and look for the associated 'BR2_XXXX.bgl' (XXXX being the airport in question) and rename the file as follows: BR2_YMML.bgl.passive The MyTraffic forum did say the file could be deleted but I don't like removing files as a rule.

Note 1: Once the '.passive' is added you will need to update the Simulator Scenery Data Update in the DataProvider next time you run EFB 

Note 2: To get GSX to recognise the change to the MT6 scenery .bgl, run the 'Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache' under P3D Add-ons 

Hope this helps someone, happy to answer any questions but my sim is now working like a charm.

Steve (youngie63) Young

P3Dv4 - PMDG 747 QOTS II, PMDG 737 NGX, Reboot, MT 6, MJC Q400, ORBX. FlyTampa, FS2Crew voice, Aivlasoft EFB + FSX Steam