Sign in to follow this  
agutz

How to update AFS2 downloaded from Simmarket?

Hello,

I bought and downloaded AFS2 from Simmarket.
The download at Simmarket doesn't have a version number and I suspect it isn't the latest.
Their standard answer is they always have the latest version provided by the developer.
To find out I would have to download 47 GB (!).
Is there any better way to update?

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Simmarket is selling the Aerosoft version of Aerofly FS 2 and presuming this is the same version as the DVD version this once can't be updated right now. You also can't buy the DLC for it. The developer, IPACS, is working on a solution for this. (Something they should have done before the release of Aerofly through other publishers, but well, that's another story.) They said the solution will be available soon. Coming from IPACS 'soon' means betwee now an a few years. :tongue: But I guess that in this case Aerosoft will put some needed pressure on IPACS to deliver the goods REALLY soon.

Thanks Jeroen,
this is from the AFS2 forum:

"Aerosoft will shortly offer the missing downloads for Aerofly FS 2, e.g. the DLCs Switzerland, Colorado, and so on..."

Aerosoft has an AFS2 support forum but no answer to my question.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

3 hours ago, agutz said:

"Aerosoft will shortly offer the missing downloads for Aerofly FS 2, e.g. the DLCs Switzerland, Colorado, and so on..."

You will have to wait until Aerosoft announces the release of any updates and DLC. Until then there is nothing you can do. You should have bought the Steam version, really. Nothing beats Steam imho.

On 2/11/2018 at 8:50 AM, J van E said:

Simmarket is selling the Aerosoft version of Aerofly FS 2 and presuming this is the same version as the DVD version this once can't be updated right now. You also can't buy the DLC for it. The developer, IPACS, is working on a solution for this. (Something they should have done before the release of Aerofly through other publishers, but well, that's another story.) They said the solution will be available soon. Coming from IPACS 'soon' means betwee now an a few years. :tongue: But I guess that in this case Aerosoft will put some needed pressure on IPACS to deliver the goods REALLY soon.

That's not exactly how it went down, but, whatever

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 2/11/2018 at 10:31 AM, agutz said:

Thanks Jeroen,
this is from the AFS2 forum:

Aerosoft has an AFS2 support forum but no answer to my question.

On the Aerosoft forum, you can find an interesting back and forth that may indicate some of the underlying history/background of why the dvd version was not updatable. There is also a fix orbx had to apply for much the same reason, so that FTX central could see the Aerosoft installation.

I will link you some relevant threads... It might be illuminating.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/128612-aerofly-fs-2-–-the-next-generation-flight-simulator-released/

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129432-aerofly-fs2-aerosoft-dvd-version-and-ftx-central/&tab=comments#comment-858618

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yesterday this was on the Aerosoft AFS2 support forum:

"the non-steam version of aerofly is up-to-date at all retailers. You cannot activate the Box version on steam. All updates will be made available through the shop where you bought it. All Add-Ons will be made available for the Aerosoft Aerofly FS2 version starting this week."

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

1 hour ago, agutz said:

Yesterday this was on the Aerosoft AFS2 support forum:

"the non-steam version of aerofly is up-to-date at all retailers. You cannot activate the Box version on steam. All updates will be made available through the shop where you bought it. All Add-Ons will be made available for the Aerosoft Aerofly FS2 version starting this week."

And hopefully that will finally put this to bed.

Devons rig

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

That's not exactly how it went down, but, whatever

Just read your links on the Aerosoft forum. Very (and I mean VERY VERY VERY) surprised to see Matthijs didn't even know (back then) that there were gigabytes of free scenery to download for AFS2...! But well, it seems they are getting their act together by now. 

20 minutes ago, J van E said:

Just read your links on the Aerosoft forum. Very (and I mean VERY VERY VERY) surprised to see Matthijs didn't even know (back then) that there were gigabytes of free scenery to download for AFS2...! But well, it seems they are getting their act together by now. 

I'm sure a lot of people are relieved.

Devons rig

To but this more to bed for DVD purchasers:

Beggining to make payware available: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/blog/detail/sCategory/302/blogArticle/1226

Beginning to make freeware available: http://aerofly.aerosoft.com/

Devons rig