Sign in to follow this  
Remys

MCP Warning on PMDG 777 300 ELEC BAckup SYS

Hello,
I'm following the exact procedure but I'm always facing a warning on the MCP before starting the engines. Always it displays the Following in yellow: ELEC BACKUP SYS . although everything is configured correctly, the message doesn't go away unless I start my engines. attached is the screenshot. your help is really appreciated in order to solve this error cause it seems that there's something wrong in the before startup procedure. [but the weird thing is that once the engine s are started the error / warning disappear

• Upvote 1

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

Can you please post screenshots of the overhead electrical panel and the lower EICAS electrical page?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

2 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi,

Can you please post screenshots of the overhead electrical panel and the lower EICAS electrical page?

hi i do have them, but Unable to post any screenshot on the forum ... don't know why 

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

You need to upload them onto a host website and post the link. 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Can you post also a screenshot of the overhead electrical panel? (and also the upper overhead maintenance panel just in case)

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Out of curiosity, there is a status blues message on the upper EICAS, is there anything related to the electrical on the lower EICAS status page?

I guess you have checked there is no failure active in the PMDG menu via the CDU?

What panel state do you use? If different than the default panel, does this occur with the default panel?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

I'm loading a custom panel state. not a predefined panel state. in other terms, I'm modifying the parameters of the panel.SAV file. let me check a default panel state and get back to you. but the thing is that upon starting the engines the warning disappears

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

13 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Out of curiosity, there is a status blues message on the upper EICAS, is there anything related to the electrical on the lower EICAS status page?

I guess you have checked there is no failure active in the PMDG menu via the CDU?

What panel state do you use? If different than the default panel, does this occur with the default panel?

no with default panel state any panel state it doenst occur just with the customized one

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Then the customized panel got corrupted for any reason. Just re-create your customized panel state from the default one.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

1 minute ago, Budbud said:

Then the customized panel got corrupted for any reason. Just re-create your customized panel state from the default one.

will try to do so now and get back to you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

each ti

14 minutes ago, Remys said:

will try to do so now and get back to you

each time I try to customize my panel the Elec backup system lights up although all the procedures are correct. seems that itsa bug will open a ticket with PMDG 

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

1 hour ago, Remys said:

each ti

each time I try to customize my panel the Elec backup system lights up although all the procedures are correct. seems that itsa bug will open a ticket with PMDG 

Are you editing the panel state file or are you configuring the aircraft and then saving the panel state?  There is nothing on the panel or synoptic to indicate a backup system fault, and the message clears when you start engines. Of course the backup generators are not operating when the engines are shut down.  The only thing unusual is the advisory message and I think that is related to a panel state rather than a bug.

Dan Downs KCRP