Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

PTA won't start

This morning I find myself out of the blue unable to start PTA -- not 2.52, not 2.6, not 2.61.   When I launch it I get the UAC prompt, but after granting permission the process just disappears.  Nothing happens, it's not running in the background, and nothing goes into the error logs.

I downloaded a fresh version and tried to run that, wondering if I had a corrupted configuration somewhere, but the same thing happens.

Has anyone seen this before?

Some suggestions:

1) Set "Run as Administrator" on the shortcut.
2) If you don't want to disable UAC permanently, just try it for a while and see if PTA starts.
3) Check your Firewall and Anti-virus to see if PTA has got blocked for some reason. PTA does an online update check on startup and blocking that request might cause it to bomb out.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Thanks for the rapid response!  Unfortunately, I have totally disabled the firewall, my antivirus, and UAC, and it's still not working.   The frustrating part is not having any logs left at all...

Any further suggestions?

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.