Sign in to follow this  
wrap23

KORF Shadows?

Hello Shaun,

Could you please have a look at the shadows in KORF? The aircraft's shadow displays fine on asphalt and grass, but when over concrete (ramp area and end of runway,) the shadows are not visible. They display on the painted surfaces on the concrete but not the concrete itself. I spend a lot of time using KORF and though I love the airport you've created, this does detract from the realism. This occurs in P3Dv4 and P3Dv3. Thanks for your great work!

Respectfully,

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Hi Don,

Yeah I know this is a problem with p3d. I am trying to fix it currently and make P3D material ground polygons, will keep you posted!

Any update on the shadows? This issue takes an otherwise nice scenery and, I'm sorry to say, makes it disappointing. Your not the only developer that is having a problem with this. Latin VFR's Key West doesn't display shadows properly either. With Key West you can see the aircraft shadows display as the aircraft loads but then the shadows are covered up by certain runway elements such as paint, asphalt, some concrete. It's as if it's a layering issue. The shadows are covered up by runway textures. 

Don

• Like 1

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, I did try to figure out why this was happening to no avail. It's something to do with them being FSX native ground polys although it doesn't seem to happen with my other airports! 

I've been meaning to update all the products with P3D native ground polys, which necessitates a separate version for each. However for some reason when I compile them with the P3D SDK they were plagued with artifacts. 

I still intend to fix this and hopefully will with an update including FTX-G compatible photoscenery (and I'd love to do the whole of Norfolk and the naval base if there's any demand for it as a seperate product) once KHOU is finally finished!

In the mean time I will check again to see if I can provide a quick fix using the current 

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards.

Shaun.

Thanks Shaun. What more can I ask. I appreciate your diligence. I’m thoroughly amazed at what you developers are capable of achieving. I for one would certainly purchase additional Norfolk scenery/airports!

Don

Don Spence

Hi Don,

I have figured out what the issue is. I'm going through all my airports and making prepar3d v4 native versions, which will fix this issue and have specular etc.

Hopefully I'll get round to ORF in the next couple of weeks, depending on how long BNA and BHM take first, as I'm working backwards!

Thanks for your patience!

Kind regards,

Shaun,

I really appreciate the update. I have huge respect for you folks that have the skill to create detailed scenery as well as troubleshoot each time a change is made to the sim. I look forward to the update!

Thanks again,

Don

• Like 1

Don Spence

Hello Shaun,

This is a pretty old thread by now. I'm thinking that I'm the only one interested in the concrete at KORF having shadows. It was 10 months ago that you said you discovered what the issue was. Do you have any plans for correcting it? I really enjoy flying from my home base but this really degrades the experience. Thanks for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Don

Don Spence

Test, Test, Mike Test...😉

Shaun, you indicated you discovered the reason for the shadows problem about a year ago. Since I’m the only one active on this topic perhaps fixing it just isn’t important. An update on whether you’ll resolve this would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Don Spence

Hi Don,

Really sorry for the ridiculously late reply! I keep forgetting to check this forum.

Like KBHM I will be exporting my other Airports with P3Dv4 native ground polys and FTX global matching Photoscenery. I have been meaning to do this for literally ages, but just have been so busy with my job and developing KSAT I haven't gotten around to it yet, I'm very sorry! 

I will export the KORF ground polys as v4 native and send you the file during the week before I update it.

Kind regards,

Shaun.