Sign in to follow this  
bennyh

Touch screen issues

I have just purchased the GTN750 for X-Plane.

I have an issue whereby the touchscreen does not function correctly.

It displays the Continue button, but I cannot click it. The mouse pointer does not change.

I have tested on the 2D panel in the Carenado Navajo, and also on the 3D Panel in the JustFlight Piper Arrow.

One difference I noticed, was that on the 3D panel, I can click on the buttons and wheels that are not part of the screen.

Anything on the screen does not function.

I’m hoping someone can help.

Thank you in advance,

Ben

Edited by bennyh
Typo

Hi,

Can you please review the content of the RXP log files? (see User's Manual for file/path).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The logs show little information unfortunately.

rxpGTN.xpl.log shows:

18/02/24 13:20:09.649 13452 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.14.0
18/02/24 13:20:09.649 13452 INFO ]

rxpGTNSim.dll.log shows:

18/02/24 13:20:12.557 13452 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.14.0
18/02/24 13:20:12.556 13452 INFO ]

Just to make sure: when you mention '2d panel', do you mean the popup window, or the actual 2D panel?

Can you compare how it goes if you select Plugins | Reality XP GTN | Popout window (requires XPL 11.1+: this will 'detach' the window from the sim window).

What about trying with the default B58 for example?

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Further to this, with X-Plane you can right mouse click and drag to move the view, however when the mouse is inside the GTN750 screen, that function is disabled. This tells me that the GTN750 knows the mouse is in there. This happens both with the built in 3D panel on the JF Piper Arrow, and the 2D popup.

I'll let you know how the B58 goes

Same deal with the B58.

I also note that the manual says, by using the shift key, you can keep the aspect ratio of the popup when you resize. This does not work for me. Not sure if it's related to the issue overall.

After testing the B58, the rxpGTNSim.dll.log now looks like this:

18/02/24 13:20:12.557 13452 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.14.0
18/02/24 13:20:12.556 13452 INFO ]
18/02/24 14:41:47.601 09936 INFO ]

Hum... there is something strange here. The version you are using is the latest. However, the User's Manual says instead:

The simulation window maintains its aspect ratio when resizing. While the mouse cursor is grabbing any of its edges or corners, press and hold the SHIFT key to relax the aspect ratio constraint while resizing.

This used to be like you've said, but has changed a little after our initial release. This is not related to the issue at hand, but makes me wonder if the User's Manual get's updated on your drive when installing a new version.

Now, what X-Plane version are you using though?

I am using 11.11r2 (build 111101 64-bit)

I have already tried uninstalling both the garmin trainer and the Reality XP software, to no avail. This was done via the Add/Remove programs option. Are there any additional files I should manually remove if I try another uninstall?

At this stage, the most probable cause is a plugin conflict, something that would typically have an invisible window to catch mouse clicks.

Nonetheless, just to make sure as well: when using a 2D popup window in the B58 only (no GTN displayed in the 3D cockpit), although you cannot click anything on the screen, can you click at least the DTO, HOME and the knobs?

Furthermore, is the X-Plane window displaying on the principal monitor should you have more than 1?

I will check this an let you know.

Should you be able to drag and drop the popup window? I cannot. Not sure if this is related.

Yes you're supposed to be able to drag the popup window in clicking anywhere on the bezel. 

...and we have lift off.

Issue was that I have dual monitors, and X-Plane was not running on the primary.

I swapped them around. Restarted X-Plane and all working OK.

Thank you for your help.

Perhaps we can list "allow to run on any monitor" as a feature request.