Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

small civ. jet - which?

Guest iholrf

Hi all... I am trying to populate a personal top ten freeware list, and I have two categories I need to fill. One is the small civilain jet.I have elliminated the Eclipse 500, and to be frank a lot of the small jets I have found have not been spectacular.what are the recommendations here for things to look at. My criteria are:1. must have a working VC2. Must have an original panel.3. Must not have FSUIPC (its nag ware drives me nuts)4. Must have a reasonably accurate flight model.5. Must not be a repaint or mod of somebody elses work.6. sound would be nice but not necessary.Basically a reasonably finished model.I am not looking for commuter jets like bombardier, but personal or executive class corporate jets.

Guest DK8290

I'm not sure if this fits your requirements as it might be too large but this is one of the best freeware small jets out there. The VC isn't clickable though;http://www.francevfr.com/index.htmScroll down until you see the pic or search for "falcon 50" on that page or just use this link to downloadhttp://www.francevfr-us.com/files/falcon50...ll_falcon50.exeThere are some english docs includedHere are some of my picshttp://www.the-airfield.com/screenshot_gal...taLFKB_Falcon50I've got my sound assigned to another plane's sound files.

Visit Eaglesoft's website...http://eaglesoftdg.com/

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest iholrf

Nice is nice. My wife and I are are torn between moving to ile de re or marseille when she finishes her post grad.The falcon is lovely and falls close enough to the category for my books... I have downloaded it, visited the site, looked at your screens (nice scenery and screens by the way) and now.. to fly :)ThanksShad

Guest iholrf

I did not know they had freeware. Off to look.CheersShad

Guest iholrf

No, seems to be all payware. Thanks anyway.CheersShad

"I have elliminated the Eclipse 500, and to be frank a lot of the small jets I have found have not been spectacular."As author of one of the Eclipse 500's out there (there are a few), sorry we don't meet your demanding expectations. I think there could have been a more tactful way to ask your question without dissing some existing projects out there. But tact seems to be lacking these days--probably was dropped along with higher math in the schools in the past couple of decades. I will ask Avsim to pull the Eclipse project I put together right away (not to be confused with the latest one) so it doesn't waste anyone else's time or meet the axe of the strict judges some of our members seem to be. I never thought it was "American Idol" when I released projects, let alone meeting some dweeb's litmus test of the top freeware.-John

Guest iholrf

Holy kneejerk.My appologies. I only found the one... IT IS IN MY TOP TEN ALREADY!http://www.ascendant-online.net/en/downloa...tsim-ac.php#hofAnd as i am paying for the bandwidth for the downloads and doing to work to promote these planes as quality freeware that I hope will encourage the continued developement of other quality freeware which seems to be on the decline, and I do not charge a thing for it, and there are no ads on my site and I ask nobody for anything but the pleasure to host their pictures or models... perhaps you can cut me some slack.Of course if you had bothered to go to my site or ask, you would have seen that.Take a valium... take two, they're small.PS. I wonder if you would call me a dweeb face to face? *cocks an ear* what ... no? And you have the audacity to lecture me on tact?

Guest iholrf

Now where was I before I was so rudely interupted...Oh yes.. lovely model that falcon, thanks for pointing it out DK. I was going to say a few nice things about it after the test flight, but I no longer feel nice. Well that kills this thread. Thanks for that John. I am sure you feel all powerful (all 6000 posts worth of power woooooo)

>But tact seems to be lacking these daysMight want to look in the mirror before talking about other people.iholrf, if you find what you are looking for, could you please post it here. I've been thinking of trying one, but didn't find much. I did download the Eclipse 500 that you have on your site, but haven't taken it for a flight yet.

Guest dpc

Its amazing how quick these things can go south. To the original poster...If one reads your post, not having been to your site, the sentance "I have elliminated the Eclipse 500, and to be frank a lot of the small jets I have found have not been spectacular" would lead one to believe that you did not approve of the Eclipse. Elliminated does not usually indicate approval. Until I read further that you had actually "included" it (opposite of elliminated) I thought your statement was a bit brash as well.Dave________________________________________AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

"PS. I wonder if you would call me a dweeb face to face? *cocks an ear* what ... no? And you have the audacity to lecture me on tact?"Let me requote what I am reacting to, since my Eclipse isn't the one on your list:"and to be frank a lot of the small jets I have found have not been spectacular."Would you put down someone's work face to face? What's good for the goose is good for the gander so think of that before you issue veiled threats. Yes, I need a chill pill, but I think the way you stated your "issue" is pretty rotten. Not everyone is a Yannick Lavigne, or Erick Cantu, or a David Maltby. Some people sweat over work that's very humble in its objective, just hoping to make something of their own. I think "top ten lists" are great, but we should present them by saying what impresses us, not what doesn't. I will always have a chip on my shoulder regarding this. That won't change.-John

Guest Mesa

I haven't percieved any of the above postings as criticism of your work but I do think that if people can't take criticism, then they shouldn't put work out into the public domain. If one is only hoping to make something of their own then why release it for public scrutiny? Publish and be dammed.