Sign in to follow this  
DougD

Bravo Airspace

I just started with Pilot2ATC. After a couple simpler flights, I tried a short flight through Las Vegas bravo airspace, and got confusing results. I never got cleared into bravo and basically ATC stopped responding after I entered anyway. No fighter jets were scrambled (as far as I know). It could easily be my error, but should I expect Pilot2ATC to handle bravo airspace?

P2A does not yet control the airspaces.  If you're flying VFR, you can request permission to transit or enter Bravo airspace and you'll get a response.  However, adding actual control of the airspace and scrambling the fighter jets is still ahead in the plan to enhance VFR flying.

If ATC stopped responding, it must have been something else because it is not aware of the airspace boundaries.

Dave

Thanks for the quick response! I'm really enjoying being able to actually talk to ATC.

I tried a much simpler flight and I think I'm still having a problem. I put in a direct IFR flight plan from KBFL to KFAT at 4000. About a 50 minute flight in my 172 over flat terrain.

I got clearance, taxi, and takeoff instructions perfectly. Then, nothing. No handoff to departure. I asked for altitude change, silence. I asked for altimeter, silence. My requests were showing up in the ATC window, so they were being heard and translated to text ok.

I actually tried this flight twice. The first time I flew all the way to KFAT. As I landed (without permission, obviously) I got barraged with ATC calls. All of the calls I should have gotten during the flight came one after the other. The second flight, I ran into thunderstorms midway and landed quickly at KTLR. The same thing happened - all the ATC responses unwound at me, starting just before my wheels touched.

Sorry if I am belaboring the obvious, but it seems that the ATC responses are being queued up but not released until I land.

I'll send the log file to admin@pilot2atc.com.

Thanks!