Sign in to follow this  
SugarDev

Which SSD for FX 8350 (4gb gz)

Hello everyone,
I am a pretty big noob when it comes to pc hardware. I wanted to upgrade to a SSD but I have no idea which one is best used w/ my Fx8350 8core AMD mobo (4gz-4.3gz). I was thinking of getting the NVMe ones, but apparently they aren't compatible w/ my AMD mobo. So I'm not sure what to do, was thinking of the HyperX gaming one. but i guess AMD doesnt support m.2. I would like the best bang for my buck, and willing to spend around 220ish for a 500g one.

Other Specs:

1060 Gtx Graphics

16gb Ram

750 crosair PSU

1 TB HDD,

You can get a Samsung 860 evo or pro. If you say me your motherboard I can check if it supports nvme ssd’s.

I wouldn't waste time or money going after NVMe yet, unless you're upgrading your motherboard. Even then it's not going to be a significant difference.

I'd focus on getting a good SATA SSD - BrucoGianluco's suggestion of a Samsung 860 is a good one. I have a pair of them in my rig and have been quite happy.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Yep, would agree with the lads. 860 Evo is great.

Regarding M.2 960 Evo... I have one in my rig. The biggest difference you will notice is jumping from old mechanical hard drives to SSD.

SSD to M.2 won't be that noticeable in terms of day to day performance.  

Just a curiosity: how do you turn p3d, with how many fps and with what settings?