Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

Can you?- Disable a scenery layer and show open maps layer?

Hi all

So, I just started flying again, and added little nav map to the list of try programs.

I tried it on my pc, and it worked perfectly, and opening it on my surface laptop, with touch screen is beautiful!

I noticed that the open street map already shows all the taxiway names etc, even better than my pc (with imported (eham) scenery) does.

Is there a way to disable the scenery layer on the fly?

vkr

victor

Victor Roos

Hi Victor,

not really. I'll add this as an option to the next release since I've already several requests for this and it is not much work.

But there are a few things you can try:

1) Disable airport display. But the airport diagrams remain for departure and destination.
2) Use Navigraph data only (Scenery Library menu). This will get rid of all taxiways and aprons and show only the runways since Navigraph data has no taxiway and no apron information.
3) Or, you can get rid of the white airport outline. But this will keep the aprons and taxiways.
There is a file C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel\little_navmap_mapstyle.ini which allows to customize the map colors.
The file contains a section "[Airport]" which looks like:
[Airport]
DiagramBackgroundColor=#ffffff
Replace the "#ffffff" with "#00ffffff" which will remove the white
airport boundary.

You can read more about these color/transparency values in the manual:
https://albar965.gitbooks.io/little-navmap-user-manual/content/en/CUSTOMIZE.html

Alex