Sign in to follow this  
MOFF

Nothing works... [SOLVED]

Hi,

now after struggeling succesfully with the registration I sit in the cockpit. But nothing works. No switch is to move. I get a finger as the mouse pointer but no switch moves. Strange. I have no Menu Maddog X under the Addon menu as described in the manuals...

Need help !!

best

Steff

Edited by Meekg
  • Upvote 1

Hi Steff,

This happened to me too. In my case it was because I had an earlier version of P3D 3.3. Maddog only works on the latest version so I updated to the latest version of 3.3

Richard

8 hours ago, MOFF said:

Hi,

now after struggeling succesfully with the registration I sit in the cockpit. But nothing works. No switch is to move. I get a finger as the mouse pointer but no switch moves. Strange. I have no Menu Maddog X under the Addon menu as described in the manuals...

Need help !!

best

Steff

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties.

Which Sim are you using?

At the end of the installation process, did you point the installr to your FSX.exe or Prepar3d.exe and click on OK?

Can you verify that the registration worked correctly?

Does the load manager work? If so, please select  "Ready to Start" or "Ready to Fly", save it, and load/reload the aircraft. Things working?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I have tried for three days, same issue. I do have a ticket open, only recommendation so far reinstall with a new download. This is not working. I would love for this to work, but I don't intend to wait forever 

1 hour ago, texerrn said:

I have tried for three days, same issue. I do have a ticket open, only recommendation so far reinstall with a new download. This is not working. I would love for this to work, but I don't intend to wait forever 

And we certainly don't want you to have to... our goal is for things to work for you!

If you'd like to wait for the ticket response that's certainly fine, however if you'd like to answer my questions above, I'd be happy to try and help you faster.

Best wishes my friend.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

By all means. Using 64bit version ,p3dv4.2, pointed to my p3dv4.2 on a separate drive. After install numerous maddogX filers found in my users files. They are there. Aircraft show up. Setup appears, registration appears correct, states I am registered. Nothing on the panel works. No maddog appears in any menu. No way to switch on power as stated by above . Have downloaded and reinstalled until I am beyond frustrated. Ps note this is not the first complaint, see switches don't work from days ago. I hate to be so negative but there is a trend here. I am not the only person seeing this. I would love to see this work. 

14 hours ago, texerrn said:

By all means. Using 64bit version ,p3dv4.2, pointed to my p3dv4.2 on a separate drive. After install numerous maddogX filers found in my users files. They are there. Aircraft show up. Setup appears, registration appears correct, states I am registered. Nothing on the panel works. No maddog appears in any menu. No way to switch on power as stated by above . Have downloaded and reinstalled until I am beyond frustrated. Ps note this is not the first complaint, see switches don't work from days ago. I hate to be so negative but there is a trend here. I am not the only person seeing this. I would love to see this work. 

Well, I really don't think there is a trend, but there are three people who have reported this issue in the forums. We do however have several thousand people using the Maddog without such issues - though I'm terribly sorry that you are and I can understand how you feel.  Believe me, 14 years of doing Flight Sim Tech Support and being a long time customer myself, I get it.  Let's see what we can do to get you up and running.

First let me explain that there is an internal team who has access to and handles support tickets, and there is me and another Beta Tester who are helping people here in the forums as much as we can but we don't have access to Support Tickets or Account Information and we can not log into your system to provide technical support. That said, there are still some things we can look at and try while you're waiting to hear back from Internal Support - and that is what may be required to get you up and running, but while you wait let's see what we can do.

NOTE:  I know that the following procedure will seem tedious ESPECIALLY if you've checked these things before... but PLEASE follow the procedure below carefully.  Afterwards if you still require help from Internal Support then you can tell them that you've carefully followed the steps below.

1. The Maddog software hasn't triggered my computer security suite software, but that doesn't mean it won't be triggered by software you may be running (depending on your software and settings). If you're using security software I would like you to open your security software and check for quarantined files and any other issues and Allow or Restore any files as need be.

2. Let's verify that during the installation process, you were able to successfully point the installer to your Prepar3d.exe file. This occurs towards the end of the installation process, and afterwards the Maddog Load Manager runs and presents you with the Registration Page under the Setup Tab.

3. On the Registration Page (which you can access afterwards by opening the Load Manager, go to the Setup Tab, and select Registration. The four fields we want to verify are:

a) The email address for your Leonardo Account, which is entered by you. Please double check this is correct.

b) The Purchase Code/Registration Key which is emailed to you and entered by you into this field. Please double check this code is correct.

c)  On entering the correct information for Steps a and b (above), the Serial Number, and Enable Key should automatically populate.

Note 1: A small number of customers have had problems with these codes not being correct, and it does take a support ticket to correct as I do not have access to this.

Note 2:  The Leonardo Maddog software is limited to one installation. If you removed the software and reinstalled, or reinstalled over the existing software and attempted to re-register the software WITHOUT first unregistering the software in the Load Manager, it may have triggered the maxium number of installation lock out. if this occurred, the Support Ticket guys will have to resolve it for you.

If no problems are found above:

4. Ensure that you're running FSX or the most recent version of P3DV3 or P3DV4. Many have gotten he Maddog to work properly with P3DV4.1, but some have had issues and once they upgraded their P3D client to P3DV4.2 and their problems were solved.

5. Let's start by downloading the most recent version of the Maddog software (yeah, I know, again...).  Next, lets open the Load Manager and Unregister your product on the Registration Page of the Setup Tab.  If you are unable to unregister the Maddog, stop here and put in a Support Ticket by clicking HERE.  If the Maddog did unregister successfully, run the Maddog Uninstaller which is located in your Documents folder. Next, go to your Documents folder and delete the Maddog X folder, then open the Documents\Prepar3d V4 Addons folder and remove the Maddog X folder from there. Now, reboot please.

6. Welcome back!  Please ensure your User Account Control slider is set to Never Notify.  Change this back to your orignal setting after you have completed the last step of this procedure.

7. Right click on the newly downloaded Maddog installer, and select Run As Admin (may not be necessary for all users, but it doesn't hurt to do this).  Be sure that True Glass and Real Light are allowed to install, and towards the end of the installation process you will again be asked to direct the installer to your FSX.exe or Prepar3d.exe. Be sure to browse to the appropriate folder, click on the appropriate EXE file and select OK.  Next you will be asked to register the product.  MANUALLY enter the email assocaited with your Maddog purchase and the Serial Number you were proviced in your purchase email. Upon entering this information correctly the the Serial Number, and Enable Key fields will automatically populate. If anything in this procedure does not work then stop, and submit a Support Ticket by clicking HERE.

8. If everything is normal to to this point, please select READY TO FLY in the Load Manager settings and select BOTH SAVES at the top of the Load Manager screen (we are not worried about setting up anything but a test yet).  The Load Manager should close automatically.

9. Load FSX or P3D as you normally would.  Fromt he Main screen please select a Defauly General Aviation type aircraft and any default airport.  Then launch into the sim.

10. When you sitting in the Default aircraft, use the Main P3D menu at the to to select any one of the Leonardo Maddo MD-80s, and load it.  The aircraft should load up in the Ready to Fly State.

11.If Step 9 didn't work, here are a few things you can look at:

a. If you have moved your Prepar3D Addons to somewhere else other than your Documents folder (we don't currently recommend or suppor this) then please see the user thread HERE for information to help you ensure you are setup correctly.  Again, we do not currently recommend or support this for our software.

b. For P3DV4 users, check the "add-ons.cfg file located at "C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4"  to ensure the following entry is present: 

PATH=C:\Users\[Your User Name]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MaddogX
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

If it's not present, you can either add it, or you can move the "add-ons.cfg" file to your desktop (or other location or your choice), then re-start P3Dand the "add-ons.cfg" file will be rebuilt.  This in of itself has resolved start up issues.

If the above doesn't work for you, then please submit a Support Ticket by clicking HERE.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

Guys, it works now: I thought I have 4.1 installed. NO. It was still 4.0. After udpdating to 4.1 it runs well now !

so. solved.

Best

Steffen

Happy yo hear that!  Did the procedure help you catch that?

Dave Hodges

I did not read, because with a ticket and a brillant help by Stefano from Leonardo I solved the problem... And just looked at the About of P3D I was  aware that the version can be the reason. Now flying Norway a bit to test..

Best

Steff

Great!  Enjoy the flight!

Dave Hodges

wow, outstanding! I am very close. I have only one small error and we are there. I have duplicate aircraft  errors for the seven liveries. in maddog folder air.cfg shows all is correct, ? Now then what i did, reinstalled P3D version 4.2.211.2408. reinstalled new maddog installer. Your are now in the subfolder.

32 minutes ago, texerrn said:

wow, outstanding! I am very close. I have only one small error and we are there. I have duplicate aircraft  errors for the seven liveries. in maddog folder air.cfg shows all is correct, ? Now then what i did, reinstalled P3D version 4.2.211.2408. reinstalled new maddog installer. Your are now in the subfolder.

If I'm understanding you correctly, that means that one of your past installations either didn't go correctly or you may have moved some files manually.  In either case, I would perform a complete uninstall per the procedure I wrote above (Unregister, Uninstall, Remove all folders, reboot, reinstall) and see if that resolved your issue.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

OK I have flown the maddog. thank your sir. A learning experience. I have something to learn for the rest of the winter. Between the MD 80 and P3D  vr 4.2 i am blown away!

"KEEP THEM FLYING"

Great! I'm very happy to hear this!

Would you kindly share what the problem was?

Dave Hodges