Sign in to follow this  
mb3217

Support Contact

How can I contact Reality XP for support? I'm having an issue I can't find the solution for in these forums and when I submitted a ticket at F1 they redirected me here. Is there a contact link or a phone number for RealityXP products?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RXP
  • Upvote 1

We purchased a W430 from  Reality -XP and we cannot connect it to our Radio stack for the Precision  Flight controls Radio stack. We get the 430 on the screen but it does not operate on the Radio stack as in X-plane 9 using x-plane 10 or X-plane 11. We spoke to the Precision Flight control people in California and they told uss to get in touch with you they do not have the DSriver that is needed as in X-Plane 9 Can you give us the information or a telephone number for tech support to get this issue straightened out we have been referred back and forth between F1 and then back to your site as the developers site and we are not getting the information and would appreciate talking to a technician to help us or give us the way to do it thank you  MB

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Hi, why not just posting your question here?

I have purchuased the Garmin W 430 from you to be used with x-Plane 10 and X-0plane 11 but it does not work with the precision Flight Controls as it does in FSX or X-Plane 9  We have tried to get the information and were always send back to the developers blog and we would like the information or a telephone number we can contact for my expert talking to your expert or a full response or manual as to how to do it  We thank you for any effort put forth on our behalf  MB3217@aol.com

Edited by RXP

Hi,

Should you have purchased the GNS 430W (legacy / older), or the newest GNS 430W V2, it requires purchasing additional software: http://reality-xp.com/flightsim/gns-hardware-driver/index.html

Otherwise professional licenses include this hardware support at no additional cost.

NB: should you have already purchased the hardware driver say for use with FltSim, you don't have to purchase it again: 1 driver license works among all of our GNS V2/ GNS legacy products.

NB: until PFC provides a 64bits version of their driver component, the Reality XP GNS Hardware Driver is working only with XPlane in 32 bits (XP9,XP10).

However, it is possible the latest XP1120VR4 which now supports commands on slider positions might detect the PFC 430 hardware properly now, thus without requiring the hardware driver purchase. We've not tried this out yet.

Edited by RXP
  • Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

The GNS WAAS Hardware Driver is listed in my Start menu Reality XP folder since I first used the PFC 430W in FSX and then in X9. Is this the same driver you are talking about?

Yes this is the same driver (it looks like it).

Please try XP10 in 32 bits to see if this works. Default GNS V2 settings should pick up the hardware device, otherwise, manually review the RealityXP.GNS.ini file settings, in the proper GNS section name:

HardwareDevice =
HardwareIdx =

NB: these work the same as with the legacy GNS. 

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

As per manual, I tried setting the values in HardwareDevice to both 'PFC_STACK' and 'PFC_430'. And have tried different values in HardwareIdx (-1,0,1,2 and 3) and still doesn't work when I push the buttons on the PFC's 430W.

I will run X10 in 32bit and try them again.

9 hours ago, RXP said:

NB: until PFC provides a 64bits version of their driver component, the Reality XP GNS Hardware Driver is working only with XPlane in 32 bits (XP9,XP10).

Sorry, I meant I tried doing it by the manual before trying to contact RealityXP about it. 

Anyway, I tried on X10 32bit (even set the same settings on the HardwareDevice and HardwareIdx from X9's RealityXP ini file), but, no dice.

Also, while trying different planes, I found out that the PFC Stack does control the 430s that are embedded on some of the planes.

I'll just click the RXP Stack on the planes that don't have it embedded until the GNS WAAS Hardware driver gets updated to work with X10/X11 and the PFC Stack.

Is there any way to get a notification when it gets updated?

Edited by mb3217
Wanted to be a bit more specific

1 hour ago, mb3217 said:

Anyway, I tried on X10 32bit (even set the same settings on the HardwareDevice and HardwareIdx from X9's RealityXP ini file), but, no dice.

Hi, just to make sure:

1) What RXP GNS are you using: GNS V2 (the new one), or the legacy for FSX/XP9 only?

2) Although it doesn't seem to work, can you please make sure the RXP GNS Hardware Driver is installed?

• You still have it working fine currently in FSX/XP9 as before and it is just not working with XP10 32 bits?
  • It is not working at all even on simulators it used to work?

The most probable place to get notifications is announcement in our forums.

Edited by RXP

GNS V2 and yes its working fine on FSX and XP9, but not working on either XP10 32bit, 64bit nor XP11.

Hi, let's try troubleshooting this.

Can you please post the content of the RealityXP.GNS.ini file from your aircraft folder?

Can you please also confirm you have the following file on your drive?
"C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\PFCHidReports.dll"

What is the file version (right click | properties | details) ?

Edited by RXP