Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Huge simCfgBackup folder

I wanted to make a rar backup of my SIMstarter NG/data folder before full reinstall of Prepar3Dv4.2 when I discovered it was huge like almost 900Mb. Turned out simCfgBackup folder there was full of backups (363 items) since 2017/12/06 only!

Could anybody explain please what in SIMstarter triggered them to spawn like locust? If I'd like to save a backup of my latest SIMstarter settings do I need only one latest backup folder there? And how to stop SIMstarter to create them in hundreds?

Thanks!

It's the simConfig Backup Manager introduced since "22.09.2017 - v1.5.1".

Use Tools > SimConfig Backup Manager to modify your preferences.

In addition there have been a dialog to introduce the new BackupSystem. You may have overseen it?

SimConfigBackupInfo.thumb.PNG.8fa6aaa5bc

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Please, Capt. Pero, change the default setting to Disabled, otherwise many will find later an insane number of unwanted backups in their SIMstarter's simCfgBackup folder.