Sign in to follow this  
roland_lfor

Lorby Live Traffic - option idea

Hi,

I enjoy the product and it's now a "must-use" tool during all my IFR flights :) It's a good thing to have traffic following real SID/STAR & routes.

However on ground or at low altitude, as known, the tool is not able to provide traffic due to the source technology limitation. Then I usually start my flights with classic MT6 traffic injected by P3D to have ground, landing and departing traffic during flight preparation, taxi and takeoff. Once I'm in airborne, after the climb checklist, I usually switch off P3D traffic (slider to 0%) then start the tool to inject real traffic. I make the same change the other way during approach.

So the simple idea is: could you add this as an option in your tool so it would be able to commute on his own? It would take only limited UI changes - option checkbox, in-sim % traffic slider, and transition altitude to commute between sim traffic/real traffic.

It would be great I think.

Thanks for reading so far and let me know your opinion :)

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Hi,

I have made a prototype with this, but I am not sure that I like it. Setting the AI traffic density programmatically is only possible in P3D V3/V4, but that isn' much of an issue. But in operation it is awkward, setting traffic to 0% doesn't cause too much of a stutter, but setting it to a value above 0% causes a reload of some of the simulator assets (screen turns black and you get the usual progress bar). I am concerned about that, because if this reloads your aircraft too, you may be in trouble - especially if it is a complex addon that needs to re-initialize.

If you want to try it for yourself, please send me an email and I will send you a link to this prototype. The address is on the last page of the user manual.

Best regards

LORBY-SI