Sign in to follow this  
snpower

Pop Up Window Not Working After Update

Yesterday I updated to the latest version and I can no longer access the pop up GTN 750. I have to run the add-on manager, to get it to appear a single time. Once I close the pop-up window - it is gone and I have to repeat the setup process. I'm on Prepar3D v4.1.

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

Try this first. Using notepad open up panel.cfg in panel folder, and the RealityXP.GTN.ini in the main aircraft folder. Make sure the ident number in the panel.cfg ident=14401 file matches the popright = 14401 number in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file.
If you use the no bezel option add the lines at the bottom of the RealityXP.GTN.ini. To open the popup right click in the gauge screen.

Popup gauge in panel.cfg:

[WindowXX]
size_mm=100,100
window_pos=0.000000,0.617619
window_size=0.216146,0.382381
visible=0
zorder=99
background_color=0,0,0
ident=14401

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,100,100

RealityXP.GTN.ini

[GTN_750_1.DEFAULT]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; enable alternate click-spots (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) if true.
usealtmouse = false
; enable touch beyond screen bounds if true (2D only), clip if false (GTN native).
extendtouch = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize =
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft =
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 14401
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

[GTN_750_1.NO_BEZEL]
popright = 14401

Edited by bills511

12 hours ago, snpower said:

Once I close the pop-up window - it is gone

Hi,

Once you close the pop-up window it is hidden. Go to the P3D 'view' menu to list all available windows in the panel, then select the one your want to show.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

It is actually under 'Vehicle' > 'Instrument Panel'...

I probably should have searched for a solution harder before posting, but am I not supposed to be able to click on the unit itself in the VC and have the pop up appear?

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

3 minutes ago, snpower said:

but am I not supposed to be able to click on the unit itself in the VC and have the pop up appear?

You are supposed to only if you configure it to:

When adding a popup window with the GUI Panel Config assistant, there is no 'auto-magic' way to also put a 'clickspot' in the VC to toggle the popup window.

However, like Bill is describing, each window in a panel.cfg gets a unique ident= number, and toggling a window visibility goes by its ident number (this is the way offered by the FS SDK). To command this by mouse, it requires a click-spot, in a gauge, which is programmed to toggle a window ident visibility.

Should you also add a RXP gauge on the VC, you can configure such clickspot ident number in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file via popleft/popright settings which file auto-comments read: "left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225)" for example.

Should you configure the popup window ident with GPS_PANEL, you can also use a default installed GPS icon instead, which is programmed to toggle any window which ident is GPS_PANEL as well.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)