Sign in to follow this  
tombollie

Unstable LNAV

Hi Folks!

Bought the beautiful F50 a couple of days ago, I'm still puzzled as how to operate it properly though. Did my first flight today, EBAW-EGLC. Everything went well up until I was in the air and turned on the LNAV. I noticed that the aircraft became very unstable, rocking from one side to another trying to maintain the course. The F50 even took a couple of dives, while I set the ASEL and VS at 1000 ft.

This "rocking" remained the entire flight, although the aircraft seemed to be more stable once reaching cruise altitude. Same story while descending, the aircraft violently rolls from one side to the other.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here? Autopilot seems to be set up properly (LNAV/ASEL/VS/AP Engage).

Thanks!

PS: What's the difference between NAV and VAPP? Which one do I use for the ILS APP?

Edited by tombollie

@pracines

Great video! I like your style! I do hope one of the Carenado developers take a look at this video cause it shows several inconsistencies.

For example:

.:: The FMC not recognising the next waypoint, so no magenta line

.:: The aircraft not correctly intercepting the flightlevel

.:: External power doesn't seem to work

.:: The LNAV doesn't seem precise

.:: The aircraft's acceleration behaviour seems unrealistic

.:: Unstable ILS interception behaviour

Are the developers active on this forum?

Edited by tombollie

For the record that is not my video, I don't even own this plane. I just knew that there would likely be somebody else with a tutorial solution or a similar valid complaint; it took me less than a minute to find this video.

I have never heard of Carenado employees giving support in this forum as it is unofficial.

It is possible that a patch is forthcoming, but who knows.  

Hoping for a support from Carenado is almost impossible........ and frankly disappointed with this plane

Edited by manterm