Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

White House Evacuated

That big highway (the Capital Beltway) that circles the city's north side about ten miles from the government center would be pretty hard to miss too. Although that would be about five miles inside the special rules area, that's not near as close as they were when they finally turned away.If the plane was equiped with a single OBI, all they had to do would be to follow an outbound radial of the Fredrick MD VOR until they were near the Chesapeake Bay. If the president's bike ride precluded that, they could have asked for clearance through the Class B near Dulles or diverted a dozen miles west of Dulles.

Guest Slacktide

>Hi All;>> Seems memories are awfully short, or maybe people are just>awfully>young.>> There was a GA Aircraft flown INTO the side of the White>House, I >believe during Clintons first term.Yes, it scorched the siding even. Took a whole gallon of Sears' Best Latex to repair the damage.

Guest Slacktide

>So, beacuse it's not possible to protect against everything,>we don't protect against anything?Exactly. The threat posed is so miniscule compared to other threats, that it's not even worth worrying about. It's really embassasing that our country acts so chicken-little about a flying beercan.

Guest Slacktide

>Dan,>>If someone can manage to drop(fly) that Geo Metro on the>Capitol Dome or in the Oval Office, then I'll voice equal>concern. If they have an explosive device powerful enough to do significant damage to either structure, it won't matter if it is a direct hit, or detonated from a hundred yards away.> But please don't use words like "whining" when I>voice a concern over what happened. It IS whining. It is pandering to the nannystate mentality which has become so prevalent in this country over the past few decades. What you SHOULD be concerned about is the very existance of the FRZ and popup TFRs.

Guest Divergent Phugoid

>>Good catch--never mind the fact that a 150 is all someone would need to >>deliver a dirty bomb, chemical bomb or even a small nuke device.You are eminently qualified to be 'news' reader guy on Fox News. Have the Killer Bees arrived yet?

"It IS whining. It is pandering to the nannystate mentality which has become so prevalent in this country over the past few decades. What you SHOULD be concerned about is the very existance of the FRZ and popup TFRs."If that's how you choose to make a point, no sense in discussing this with you. I'll bow out of the discussion now, being overwhelmed by your superior insight into the issue...

"You are eminently qualified to be 'news' reader guy on Fox News. Have the Killer Bees arrived yet?"I'll let Tom or one of the other moderators answer your question for you.