Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Aircraft Flows Naming X-Plane?

When I used MCE in FSX, the folder name that was used for aircraft voice scripts was the Aircraft's Folder name in FSX.  However I don't believe this is the same when using X-Plane 11. 

I have been trying to get scripts to work for the Carenado 1900D in XP11, but the FO never seems to identify my requests per my scripts for example "Before Start Flow" only identifying it as in this case "Before Start Checklist".  I'm wondering if this is down to the naming of the folder that contains the scripts? 

Whilst I appreciate the Carenado 1900D is not a supported aircraft, from looking at other XP11 supported aircraft, I have currently named my script folder the same as the .acf file of the aircraft e.g. CAR_1900D_XP11 (or something like that).

Am I correct that the folders should be named the same as the .acf file of the aircraft in XP11 or am I missing something?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

2 hours ago, STUART_H said:

When I used MCE in FSX, the folder name that was used for aircraft voice scripts was the Aircraft's Folder name in FSX.  However I don't believe this is the same when using X-Plane 11. 

I have been trying to get scripts to work for the Carenado 1900D in XP11, but the FO never seems to identify my requests per my scripts for example "Before Start Flow" only identifying it as in this case "Before Start Checklist".  I'm wondering if this is down to the naming of the folder that contains the scripts? 

Whilst I appreciate the Carenado 1900D is not a supported aircraft, from looking at other XP11 supported aircraft, I have currently named my script folder the same as the .acf file of the aircraft e.g. CAR_1900D_XP11 (or something like that).

Am I correct that the folders should be named the same as the .acf file of the aircraft in XP11 or am I missing something?

Stuart

I wish things were that simple with X-Plane.

Aircraft authors don't always follow conventions. There are aircraft that change their identification strings on a whim, and those that don't provide "author" information at all.

Also, the folders in <Airplanes> folder can have any name. So don't count on that to make a similarly named script folder.

Yes, it's currently based on the .acf file

Have you tried creating a test flow with aircraft5 loaded and check where it was saved to?