Sign in to follow this  
CDFLY

DUET display

Good day all, Im running FSX steam, and when installing DUET display (Dual view for IPAD) and try running Flight sim, I get a error that my GRAPHICS CARD DOES NOT MEET MINIMUM REQ FOR SHADER SUPPORT, this product req Gforce 3 class or better, and FSX shuts down.

is there anyway around this?

Would love to use my IPAD as a moving map\FMC

Running Intel i7 3.4ghz 8gb ram 

nvida Gforce GT320

I am also having issues with duet display. When i try to run FSX se it causes FSX to crash. However, when i uninstall FSX the program runs smoothly.

Anyone with any solutions?

Hello all, same problem here. I installed today the DUET app and the FSX SE doesn't work anymore, the same "GRAPHICS CARD DOES NOT MEET MINIMUM REQ FOR SHADER SUPPORT etc" message shows up. I read carefully all of the DUET faq's, there's nothing about this kind of issue. On the other hand, there are people playing FSX on 3 monitors WITH an extra iPad via the DUET app for GPS or something else (https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2016/10/14/392-putting-gps-on-the-ipad/#more-15160). So I guess there should be a solution. Please... anybody.........?

Bought Duet Display app today and have the same problem. Is there a way to disable stupid check in FSX that doesn't make sense in 2018? Something in fsx.cfg? Thanks

Here is answer I got today from developer: 

"We certainly apologize for the inconvenience. This is definitely something we are currently addressing with our developers. The issue is directly related to the GPU performance since we've previously had several issues caused by powerful GPUs. I just want you to know that we totally understand the importance regarding the use of GPU acceleration. Which is why our developers are working around the clock in order to make Duet compatible hardware acceleration of many sorts. This task is quite strenuous, but our team is doing everything to make this work. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA for the implementation of a proper solution for this matter.

For the time being, I'm afraid all we can do is ask for your patience on this matter until it is resolved. We truly apologize."

• Like 2

New answer from them. I was just... curious.

"The issue is not fixed yet, but this version might just do the trick for you, considering that all Nvidia drivers are up to date.

Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience this might've caused. I'm sending you the latest beta version we have for Windows. Please follow my instructions in order to perform a proper installation. 
Remember to connect both devices through an Apple Certified Lightning cable. Try to also connect both devices directly without any hubs or extensions, and connect them through different ports in order to find the best connection. 
1. (Please reinstall if necessary) It is very important that you download iTunes, as this is the way we integrate several components in order to run Duet. 
https://www.apple.com/lae/itunes/download/ Please download iTunes and restart your PC. 
2. Sync your iPad and power-cycle it.
3. After that, please reinstall your Duet Windows app through the following steps.
>Please remove Duet Display from your Programs List or Add / Remove Programs and Restart your PC.
> This PC > Local Disk > Program Files > there is also a folder called Kairos. This does not appear in the app add/remove section. Please delete it (Don't worry if it's not on the list, it was removed properly.)
>Please download a new file from the following link and install it. Then restart your PC

Well... it doesn't work. So... don't bother doing the "thing"...