Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

MCE and XP11 fullsrceen?

I may have raised this before, but I have tried to use MCE with XP11 running in multi-screen mode.  In this mode XP11 puts itself in full screen mode and it's not possible to switch back to Windows using Alt-Enter as one used to with FSX. One can press the Windows key to access the toolbar or start menu items, and start windows programs, like MCE or RC4.  However when the MCE dialogue appears it never gets past "Trying to connect to simulator".

Is there anyway that MCE can operate and detect XP11 in this full screen multi-screen mode?

Thanks,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

14 hours ago, STUART_H said:

I may have raised this before, but I have tried to use MCE with XP11 running in multi-screen mode.  In this mode XP11 puts itself in full screen mode and it's not possible to switch back to Windows using Alt-Enter as one used to with FSX. One can press the Windows key to access the toolbar or start menu items, and start windows programs, like MCE or RC4.  However when the MCE dialogue appears it never gets past "Trying to connect to simulator".

Is there anyway that MCE can operate and detect XP11 in this full screen multi-screen mode?

Thanks,

Stuart

Try the following voice commands.

"full screen mode".

"windowed mode"

They should get you in and out of full screen without using keyboard.

Yes, even XP-11 has a "hidden" window mode which isn't exposed in the user interface..

Thanks Gerald, 

Not sure I follow your meaning, since I can't use Voice Commands since MCE doesn't even load, but is stuck trying to connect to simulator, when XP11 is in multi monitor mode, which defaults to full screen with no windowed option.

MCE works fine when using the three screens as one using NVidia Surround, even when set to Full Screen, but it's the multi monitor mode that it doesn't like.  Just that one gets visual distortion on the outer screens with NVidia Surround which you don't get in Multi monitor mode.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

3 hours ago, STUART_H said:

Thanks Gerald, 

Not sure I follow your meaning, since I can't use Voice Commands since MCE doesn't even load, but is stuck trying to connect to simulator, when XP11 is in multi monitor mode, which defaults to full screen with no windowed option.

MCE works fine when using the three screens as one using NVidia Surround, even when set to Full Screen, but it's the multi monitor mode that it doesn't like.  Just that one gets visual distortion on the outer screens with NVidia Surround which you don't get in Multi monitor mode.

Stuart

It's possible the last time you shutdown MCE, it saved last window coordinates that somehow now fall outside the acceptable values.

If you can access the system tray (right-bottom of the screen), right-click MCE brownish icon and select "Force to main screen".

If still no luck, restore MCE to factory settings or open "xpmce.,ini" and set

[Window]

left=0

top=0

Then restart MCE.

Gerald,

Unfortunately your suggestions didn't work I'm afraid.

If XP11 is in single screen mode, even if full screen is selected, then MCE connects fine. However if one starts XP11 in 3 separate multi-monitor mode then MCE is unable to connect to the simulator.  

I have found a work around, by starting XP11 in Windowed mode, then starting RC4 and MCE, and then setting XP11 to multi-monitor mode, then it works, although every time I want to use the MCE GUI I have to right click on the MCE icon and select "Force to Main screen". Also it means that I have to setup the multi-monitor mode in XP11 every time. It would be nice if there was a setting in the ini file to always force the GUI to the main screen, or 'stay on top'?

I don't know if it would be possible to consider this issue in a subsequent upgrade, as I don't know why MCE does not detect and connect successfully when XP11 is started in multi-monitor mode?

Thanks again for your support,

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373