Hello fellow captains

I recently got a nice deal on some GoFlight modules. I tought to get a good deal for my P3Dv4.2. I do not have any experience with go flight modules!

I now got the GF-LGT, TQ6, T8, 3x 166A, 2x P8. All very nice in a stack!

After a week trying and trying I now got the TQ6 working. That is the only module. I read some stuff about USB 3.0 not working with the black modules so I already put aside my brand new USB HUB.

But also if I just connect my LGT and TQ6 to my PC the LGT will not work, same with the 166A. Maybe there is somebody here who can help me.

I already got the GIT but this is stuff for PC gods and not for me, the simple FS-nerd.

What am I doing wrong? I start with my confige tool. I does see my LGT and TQ6. I got my TQ6 working via P3Dv4 and that is fine! If I select the LGT I see the led's lighting up and after setting the Gear, Trim and Flaps I am starting P3D. Do I need to keep the GoFlight Config open?

In the airplane , I can use the TQ6 but my LGT doesn't do any.thing.

Same stury with my 166A's I can program them, the light up, so I can reach them via Config, but in the aircraft the all black out and nothing happens. Help please!

Regards Ronald

Edited by RonnieDuck

Ronald, your TQ-6 and the LGT should work in P3D without any extra software, and the TQ-6 also works with X-Plane's drivers. So do not change their stock settings e. g. via GFConfig. A common problem is with the 166A, I had four, and two worked on the very first days and then none of these had any more function except crashing P3D when connected.... Maybe you are lucky and get really decent USB-2 hubs with sufficient power as these are the most common cause for GF failing. After testing 4 different brands I got the right ones, and all my other modules (not the 166s) are  happy.

You mention that you got the GIT. There is nothing divine with it, you just open GIT when P3D is running, and you should see "3 green" or something else is wrong. Do not open GFConfig however, resp. reset all modules to standard if you changed settings. Every button's/switch's action of the P8/T8 must be programmed via GIT; FSUIPC is not perfect for these. That takes time and patience, but only rare functions are cryptic/not to find in the listing box. I presume that you want to use it with PMDG Boeings (primarily the 737 what the whole thing is made for). You will find good instruction videos for that in the web.

I'm not sure whether GF has up to date 166s with newer electronics as announced already. If these modules are new you should contact Goflight's support (worked always excellent for me except 166) for an exchange.

Happy landings nevertheless

Fritz (EDRA)

• Like 1

I had the same problems.  Eleven GF modules.  Finally installed 9 powered USB 2.0 inputs and a USB 2.0 powered power strip plugged into one of the USB 2.0 powered outlets ,and that solved all the problems.  Most GF modules that don't have lights can go in the power strip, but anything like the GF 166 with lights needs to go into its own powered input.  Use the 3.0 USB's for other controls.  USB 3.0 is supposed to be backwards compatible with 2.0, but it doesn't work with GF modules.  Also, you need to make sure your computer power settings are on "performance" mode and that Windows doesn't put your USB modules to sleep.  Also, use the shortest USB 2.0 cables you can, because there is a limit on the total length of all cables that your motherboard can handle for USB 2.0.  PM me if you've got other questions with USB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

5 hours ago, RonnieDuck said:

I read some stuff about USB 3.0 not working with the black modules so I already put aside my brand new USB HUB.

I've done a few videos on GoFlight gear, I currently have 43 of the devices/modules connected to my PC without issue (yes even the older black modules).  This did however require that I use 2 additional PCIe USB 2.0/3.0 I/O cards that I added internally to my PC.  There is no problem with using USB 3.0 Hubs/Ports, in fact, USB 3.0 Hubs will require more power (per spec) and usually have better power adapters ... I used several of these Sabrent units: https://www.adorama.com/sbhbuma7.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwy9LVBRDOARIsAGqoVnvaqdp13qV-QFYznGj9GtXX3FSXYBz8Y5RZGsD7eE_PWrh600NuFEoaAsHeEALw_wcB

If you want to get the most out of your GoFlight gear, you will want to use GIT and some of the profiles myself and others have provided for various aircraft.  However, GIT is not required and you can still get a lot done with just GFConfig.  You should not have GFConfig open during a P3D session, there should be GF references added to your EXE.XML and/or DLL.XML files when you installed GFConfig and/or GIT.

5 hours ago, RonnieDuck said:

Same stury with my 166A's I can program them, the light up, so I can reach them via Config, but in the aircraft the all black out and nothing happens. Help please!

If you run Windows10 don't forget to run the Windows8Fixer process (deployed in your GoFlight folder after install) especially for the older black modules ... this will ensure you see the LED/Displays work (light up) correctly.  You will need to "Reboot" after running the Windows8Fixer, before you can run P3D.

I assume you have all the SimConnect redistrib's installed?

Here are some GIT tutorials I made:

These are all the modules connected and working:

Cheers, Rob.

Wow, thank for the fast replies guys!

I have got GIT. But like I said before, it is a different piece of cake. For example configuratie the 166 is easy with GF config but with GIT It is to much you can config and a little overwelming. I am sure it is a good tool but I need time to learn it. For now it is abracadabra! I saw the tutorrials but I am flying the PMDG DC6 and A2A’s Connie. Like getting the water pumps working via T8 is very difficult because there are to many things happening (waterlevel, switches, lights and offcourse the cooling above 45” map).

Do I need to run the window8fix every time? Before starting P3D? The USB powermanegment is in Windows?

regards Ronald

No, you run GFWindow8Fixer.exe (Run as Admin) once ... this will update registry values.  If you re-install your OS, then and only then would you need to run it again unless you plug the devices into a different USB controller then my "might" need to run it again, but NOT everything you run P3D.

The PMDG DC6 and A2A Connie will have unique assignments (LVars) for Water Pumps and the like which will NOT be available in the standard GFConfig.

You can mix and match GFConfig and GIT, just make sure you don't have the same button/rotary/switch mapped in both GFConfig and GIT.

Cheers, Rob.

So this morning I had some time for GIT. Beside my TQ6 I now have my LGT working, yes!!

I hope to get my USB HUB tommorrow I keep you updated!

Regards Ronald

funny but weird thing is that i can see all my modules via GIT. I can even identify the most modulles except for the 166's.

I can't get them to work. GIT says that the are connected but if I click identify nothing happends. On starting my PC every module lights up perfectly, also the 166's.

Very strangs. Has anybody any clue?

Regards Ronald

Hi Ronald,

Did you run GFWindow8Fixer.exe (Run as Admin)?  When in P3D do you see the 166 LEDs display?

It's also very possible the older 166 (Black) don't work with "identify" under Win10 ... going by memory as I replaced my older 166s with the newer ones (I actually prefer the older 166s but due to Win10's issues with them, I swapped them out of newer 166s).

Cheers, Rob.

The three 166's are working!

Now hope to get some help with programming.

COM's are working

NAV's are working

For the third 166 I wish to use one for ADF and the other for Transponder but I do not know how to do this.

Regards Ronald van Ingen