Sign in to follow this  
Brianl

Helicopter Compatability

I'm aiming to use MR goggles with my flight sim FSX Acceleration. The goggles prefer FSX Steam Edition. My essential helicopter is Schweitzer's 300CBi. If I change my flight sim to FSX SE, will that be happy with my Just Flight 300CBi like FSX Acceration is?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Generally speaking, I have found that unless a product specifically says it is NOT COMPATIBLE with FSX-SE, it probably won't be a problem. Most developers have fixed the compatibility issues that arose in the earlier days of the Steam Edition and I haven't had an issue in a long time. But as you are a helicopter fan, let me warn you of one incompatibility. The Flight1 Helo Traffic 2009, which allowed very realistic AI to be produced in FS9, does work in FSX but I have not been able to get it to work in FSXSE - it causes an immediate CTD. Some people claim there's a work around, but when I posted a request for information a year or so ago, I didn't get a single reply on AVSIM nor any reply to my inquires with the developer... :(

21 hours ago, kiwiflyer45 said:

Generally speaking, I have found that unless a product specifically says it is NOT COMPATIBLE with FSX-SE, it probably won't be a problem. Most developers have fixed the compatibility issues that arose in the earlier days of the Steam Edition and I haven't had an issue in a long time.

Thanks for that. I've now decided to get the MR goggles to check funcionality on my PC with FSX Accel. At least that might tick off resolution (esp instrument panel/pixel) uncertainties. If all looks good I'll be happy. If the goggles don't like FSX then I'll get FSX SE and try again with my Just Flight's 300CBi add-on and see what happens. Your reply to my post gives me some optimism, thanks.

Brian