Sign in to follow this  
mikealpha

[Resolved] Flashing panel reflection (Strobes)

Hi,

first of thanks a lot for the program, works great.

Just one problem suddenly became aware. With AI Lights Reborn installed, in several Justflight Addons (Cessna 152, Piper PA-28) there's intense flashing reflection in the panel in the rhythm of the Strobes. Impossible to stand that even for a short while. Only occurs if AI LightsReborn is installed, no matter if any AI is active or not.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32216&title=strobes-flashing-in-panel

Do you have an idea what might cause this ?

If useful, I can send a link to a small video showing the effect.

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

1 hour ago, mikealpha said:

Hi,

first of thanks a lot for the program, works great.

Just one problem suddenly became aware. With AI Lights Reborn installed, in several Justflight Addons (Cessna 152, Piper PA-28) there's intense flashing reflection in the panel in the rhythm of the Strobes. Impossible to stand that even for a short while. Only occurs if AI LightsReborn is installed, no matter if any AI is active or not.

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=32216&title=strobes-flashing-in-panel

Do you have an idea what might cause this ?

If useful, I can send a link to a small video showing the effect.

Mike

Hi Mike,

This is because the JustFlight Add-on's (Cessna 152, Piper PA-28) are using the P3D default strobes names (fx_strobe.fx, fx_strobeh.fx, etc,) and AI Lights Reborn Freeware edition use these effects names to implement the strobe lights, so this is causing a conflict.

Developers for Payware Airplanes normally implement their own effects names and therefore do not cause the problems / conflicts with the AI Lights effects as you are experiencing, some examples are PMDG, Aerosoft, Majestic Software, Carenado, etc.

As I see it you have these options:

• Check if JustFlight implemented the Airplanes lights configuration inside the Aircraft.cfg file, if they did we can implement a quick fix:

You can edit your JustFlight aircraft.cfg file to use a different strobe effect.

Your original strobe files were left untouched on your default effects folder, make a copy of fx_strobe.fx, rename the copy to fx_strobe_JustFlight.fx and open the aircraft.cfg file, find any reference to the default strobe and replace it for fx_strobe_JustFlight

That would resolve your problem.

If you want me to do the changes for you email me at support@fsreborn.com.

• If in the other hand JustFlight implemented the Airplanes lights directly inside the compiled model (xx.mdl file) using the default strobe names, then you would need to request to JustFlight to change the names for something else.

I am currently developing the Profesional Edition of the product which is much more advanced and implement the effects using a different technique that avoid these kind of conflicts. Please let me know how JustFlight implemented the lights configuration so I can try to help you the best way posible.

All the best,
Simbol

excellent, thanks for the fast and detailed answer ! Now fx_strobe is indeed defined in the aircraft.cfg. So that was an easy fix for both C-152 and PA-28.

Have also mentioned it in the JF forum.

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080