Sign in to follow this  
RikR

P3D to Avare over wifi

Running P3D v 3.4. I also have Plan G 3.2.1 installed and my airplane locations tracks great on map in Plan G. I am attempting to connect my P3D to Avare on my Android tablet. I have the Avare External I/O Plugin installed, and have no problem using it to connect to a real ADS-B receiver via wifi. I have a registered version of FSUIPC installed on P3D. I can not get the GPS data to feed to the tablet. Both the tablet and the PC are on the same network. The PC is wired to the network and the tablet is on Google wifi router connected to the same switch. I am wondering if the fact that the PC is on the wired network if the connection is not being made through the wifi router. Do I need any other app installed on PC to get the data from FSUIPC to the network? I have done a lot of searching, reading and video watching, but have not found anyone explaining how to do this. Any suggestions?

in P3D  Menu>Options>General> Application  tick Broadcast  GPS data to network..

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta

1 hour ago, RikR said:

The PC is wired to the network and the tablet is on Google wifi router connected to the same switch. I am wondering if the fact that the PC is on the wired network if the connection is not being made through the wifi router.

Welcome to Avsim!

The fact that your PC is wired should not be an issue with it communicating with a WIFI connected device on your network.  Having said that though, have you pinged the tablet from your PC to make sure they're talking to each other?

I don't know much about Avare but in studying it at the Play Store it seems some folks are having problems with the Avare External I/O Plugin... it wants to revert to a Bluetooth connection even after it's been configured for WIFI.  Have you checked to insure the plugin is staying in WIFI mode?

Greg